WY Mule Deer Guides / Units - almost at max points

StanB

A buddy and I are sitting at 12 points for mulies in WY, 2 points out of the max draw for non-resident. We're thinking it's time to burn 'em, and would love to hear from anyone with some good guide recommendations.

G is in the toilet. Maybe late season by Dubois if you have lots of time to hunt. Not sure any areas in the state are worth max points right now. Best hunts are guided on deeded ground...

I suggest talking to Bob Beck at Extreme outter limits. Star Valley outfitters is the name of the company. Their camp is on the Greys River and units open Sept 15. They usually get a couple of deer that exceed 2oo inches each year. When I was in camp in 2018 I saw a 203 incher that was taken. Some great deer in that area. Excellent genetics. Long range friendly hunting. Good people. Nice camp.
I did a combo deer/moose hunt. Here is my hunt report if your interested:
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/usa-wyoming-moose-deer-hunt.45513/
Bruce

I suggest talking to Bob Beck at Extreme outter limits. Star Valley outfitters is the name of the company. Their camp is on the Greys River and units open Sept 15. They usually get a couple of deer that exceed 2oo inches each year. When I was in camp in 2018 I saw a 203 incher that was taken. Some great deer in that area. Excellent genetics. Long range friendly hunting. Good people. Nice camp.
I did a combo deer/moose hunt. Here is my hunt report if your interested:
https://www.africahunting.com/threads/usa-wyoming-moose-deer-hunt.45513/
Bruce

Bruce, thanks so much for the quick reply, and those were some great deer!

Did you ever get the moose tag filled?

Stan

G is in the toilet. Maybe late season by Dubois if you have lots of time to hunt. Not sure any areas in the state are worth max points right now. Best hunts are guided on deeded ground...

Thanks Triple BB. That's not the first time I've heard G's quality has been lagging. We pretty much planned on going guided to make the most out of the points. I don't anticipate getting drawn again at this level, in this lifetime anyways!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.