• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT/Sell -- NightForce for Leupold

G

WTT-- NightForce (BR Model)12-42x56 w/ NP-2R Reticle for a Leupold MKIV 16x with Mil-Dot Reticle. Will consider a Target Dot or Duplex. My NF is as new with the box and papers.It has been mounted in lapped NF rings but has no marks. Will also consider a TRADE for a Leupold Vari-X III 8.5-25x50 with TD reticle + $$.Will sell outright for $850.00 alone or $925 with the NF Rings. Great scope but not enough internal adjustment for 1500 yd.+ shooting.

[ 08-22-2002: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

Shhh don't look now but DC just bought a NF...... things that make you say hmmmmmmm

Ric

This NF is for my wife, "NOT ME".

I'm hoping she will be able to see better at Williamsport as her deteriorating eyes have given her fits with ANY scope she has tried "as of late." She is seeing double and triple images no matter what adjustments we try. She has tried many other brands of scopes and even the NF in past years but, her eyes were not at the point they are now.

If it don't work out for her, you may see it for sale again, maybe?

I use the Leupold LR, the Mark 4, the Unertl and the "old" B&L Balvar with Kuharsky mounts for any shooting I do.

For 1000 yard match shooting, it may work out for my wife, I hope.

Later
DC
smile.gif

DC,

does she shoot open or close off eye.. I used to see double alot until I opened my off eye.. or maybe that was the fact I was dropped at birth.. hmm can't remember.. but any way for a while I used to shoot with both open....

So tell me how you liked the Mark 4 which one do you have....???

DC,

I'll add $.02 - IMHO, she'll have a better chance with the NF than the Ultra. I spent many, many hours peering through a 10X MkIV M-1 Ultra. Once a buddy showed me his TWO NFs, I was convinced. The optical clarity for most folks is better.

A person would be hard pressed to find a more rugged scope than a Leupold Ultra, but I think the edge in the optics goes to NF....

Ric and Speed

Ric

I have had her try both ways to shoot and we just can't seem to work it out yet. She is having more problems with this every year.

For clarity (for me) the Leupold LR 8 1/2X to 25X and the 16X Mark 4 seems to be about the best I have looked through, especially the Leupold LR. If you really want clarity in a fixed power scope, look through a 2" Unertl 15X or 20X target or Ultra varmint. I have NEVER seen better.

The Mark 4 I have has the fine cross hairs with a small target dot. I don't use a scope that has a lot of rangefinding or mill dots or figures in the view. I want just a dot and fine cross hairs so I can click to the various yardages.

Speed
I have tried most all scopes on the market and "have" had 4 Nightforce scopes and three of them were brand new.
To "my eyes", the Leupold LR has a sharper image then the NF when both scopes are set on the SAME power say 22X.
I have friends who feel the same way as I do after looking through both of them side by side and at the same range and power setting.

I think either scope is a quality item and would be a "toss up" in optical clarity to most shooters.

I did say to "my eyes" the Leupold is sharper and with more clarity. Maybe it's not that way with other shooters?

DC

[ 08-27-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]