• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTT powder for primers Central Pennsylvania

was at Sportman's Wearhouse in Altoona pa yesterday & they have Nosler ballistic sliver tips in 200 grain for the 338 caliber $37 a box of 50 bullets & some 20 caliber, 6mm 55 grain & some others also had some loaded ammo ultra Remington & Nosler yes we all need to try to trade locally for powder & primers , give out reloading components locations, of who has what, & get to know who is looking for what & maybe if you see it text them & pick it up for them. We have 6-8 guys now that we do this with, seems to work fine

I just pulled this off a local PA forum which a few of you may be familiar, Penn's Woods.

"Wondering where the reloading supplies got to? Well! A well known gun shop in Clearfield that has no powder on the shelf is selling it on Gunbroker for unbelievable prices. Cases of 1lb bottles advertised for $800 to $1600. 8lb kegs for $600 to $800. Check out seller GotGunz? and thank them the next time you're in the store."

Looked into it and sure enough, true story! Some of the items they have 10 deep on Gunbroker for 2-3x the price and none for sale locally. Unreal. I used to love stopping in at Grice's just to look at the inventory but will think twice next time through Clearfield. That's ridiculous.

I just pulled this off a local PA forum which a few of you may be familiar, Penn's Woods.

"Wondering where the reloading supplies got to? Well! A well known gun shop in Clearfield that has no powder on the shelf is selling it on Gunbroker for unbelievable prices. Cases of 1lb bottles advertised for $800 to $1600. 8lb kegs for $600 to $800. Check out seller GotGunz? and thank them the next time you're in the store."

Looked into it and sure enough, true story! Some of the items they have 10 deep on Gunbroker for 2-3x the price and none for sale locally. Unreal. I used to love stopping in at Grice's just to look at the inventory but will think twice next time through Clearfield. That's ridiculous.
Wow I was just at Grice a few weeks ago, that is ridiculous. Thanks for sharing!

I stopped at many local places trying to find some H1000, but all seem to be sold out right now. If anyone from Northwestern PA has some, I definitely would be interested in buying some!

FIRST MAJOR HITCH...my thoughts were that all of us PAers would be combined into one PM conversation, where we could post our 'Wants/Buys/Sells" and it would go to just the participants of the PM conversation...one post that all involved in the PM conversation would see.

THE HITCH...the PM system of LRH only allows 8 participants per conversation and I've got 12 guys wanting in. I could start one PM conversation with 8 guys and another with the next 8 guys. The 'Wants/Buys/Sells" of the first group couldn't be seen by the second group and visa versa. This defeats the whole purpose!

There might be a solution...group texting...once a group texting is set up, any/all text response's will go to all the members of that group. And if I'm thinking correctly, once it gets going, anyone can add a newbie to the group...so I need 4 guys with a cell phone, to send me their numbers and let me see if this would work.

So the first 4 guys that PM me with their cell numbers, we'll play with it and see.

PA LRH Member's List (6, 7, 8, 10, 11 fellows responded...gaining...once we hit 12, I'll start it up.)

Last edited:
Us PA guys should start a club, so we get to know each other.

FIRST MAJOR HITCH...my thoughts were that all of us PAers would be combined into one PM conversation, where we could post our 'Wants/Buys/Sells" and it would go to just the participants of the PM conversation...one post that all involved in the PM conversation would see.

THE HITCH...the PM system of LRH only allows 8 participants per conversation and I've got 12 guys wanting in. I could start one PM conversation with 8 guys and another with the next 8 guys. The 'Wants/Buys/Sells" of the first group couldn't be seen by the second group and visa versa. This defeats the whole purpose!

There might be a solution...group texting...once a group texting is set up, any/all text response's will go to all the members of that group. And if I'm thinking correctly, once it gets going, anyone can add a newbie to the group...so I need 4 guys with a cell phone, to send me their numbers and let me see if this would work.

So the first 4 guys that PM me with their cell numbers, we'll play with it and see.

PA LRH Member's List (6, 7, 8, 10, 11 fellows responded...gaining...once we hit 12, I'll start it up.)

I am in Southwestern PA I would trade 1K Large Pistol Federal primers for 1K Large Rifle Magnum primers.

I also have some powder I would trade. Reloader 15 3lbs Reloader 17 2 lbs Reloader 25 1lb