• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtt Model-70, 300 wby.

winmag

I got the itch to go with another Wsm.
Can't afford to shoot my 300 Wby:D, so here's what I got in mind...
My Win Model-70, 300 Wby for:
Win Model-70 300 wsm in Feather wt., or Coyote light, or Extreme Weather. CRF WSM only, sorry not interested in Shadows.

Here's what Ive got:
Winchester Model-70 XTR, 300 WBY
24" Sporter bbl
2.69 lb trigger
Walnut stock
Brownells bedding of recoil lugg, & rear tang.
Fully freefloated barrel
Leupold 1 pc base
Leupold med 1" rings

Ive shot sub MOA 5 shot groups with it using Hornady Custom factory 180 gr ammo.
My best group at range was 4-1/16 inches at 541 yds with a 15-20 mph wind from 1:00-2:00.
I've got a like new set of Redding dies to throw in if the offer is right, otherwise ill sell or keep them.
I'm not that great of a shot, but so far my comfort zone on critters is 700 yds & closer anyway, & a 300 Wby is more than I need, not to mention more than I can currently afford to shoot.
I can email pics, but can't seem to post them here from my phone.

Sent you 3 pics, in a short e mail.
Let me know what other angles etc you'd like to see & ill send more pics.

What do you have in mind for trading stock?

I have a winchestet model 70 featherweight in.7mm wsm dies brass ammo crf ill trade u for.
Lmk. Been.bedded and shoots great.

Ernie

I have a winchestet model 70 featherweight in.7mm wsm dies brass ammo crf ill trade u for.
Lmk. Been.bedded and shoots great.

Ernie

I've never been a fan of 7mms, but I have to admit I'm tempted by your offer..... I'm really trying to be able to use my 30 cal Accubonds, & I've always been a 30 cal fan, but above all I'm a Winchester fan, & a Shortmag fan, sooooo.... Man that's a tough one!
I'm gonna hold out for a couple more days, & try & get a model-70 CRF, 300 wsm. That's what I had my heart set on.
Thank you very much for your offer, & I am still very interested in this trade of it is still available in a few days if the right 300 wsm doesn't come along. If not, I completely understand.
Thank you again, now I won't be able to sleep tonight...:D wondering if I did the right thing or not..... Ugh.
Are you in Oregon? Or do you have pics available?

Nice to know that you like Winchesters as much as I do. We need to talk then. I have a couple of Winchesters some crf and some push feed that I have doubles of and want to trade. Dont need 2 or 3 of the same kind and caliber.

The 7mm wsm is a beauty to shoot and has a muzzle break installed by our local gunsmith Leroy in Riverside, ca. He does great work.

I also have bullets, brass, dies evertyhing needed to reload your own. We can trade bullets. I have .284 accubonds as well as Bergers, winchesters, nosler and sierra and some others. I have 3 7mm rem mags and 1 7mm wsm. I have a 300wsm in a Vanguard that has a new lilja 26" barrel with muzzle break, on a wooden stock. It has been sanded down, semi gloss, sealed, glass bedded and shoots really good. I have never shot groups with either of my rifles. Dont need to. As long as I can shoot a boulder that is 6"-9" at 200yds I am very happy with it. I have killed deer with both at different ranges from 100 to about 400yds.

Let me know when and if you want to do this. Only reason I would trade is because I have 3, 7mm rem mags and want something different like a 300 wthby mag. I always wanted one but in a 300 Weatherby.

Ernie I am in So. California 91345

I slept on it, & I'm interested in one of the trades, but here's the delima I ran into when researching it further without commiting to the deal yet. After calling every liscensed FFL dealor in the county, I cannot find even one who will ship to California.
If you've got any legal suggestions, I'm open to them, but short of a roadtrip I just don't see it happening. I can't afford to go anywhere right now, so....
Like I said, I'm interested in one of the trades, but at this point it doesn't look good. Living where you do is not condusive at all, to owning, or buying firearms.
Let me know if you have a legal solution to this problemb, or I'm going to have to pass on the trade.
Thanks.

Recent Posts