• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT Kimber .223 Varmint Gun for 300 WinMag or 7MM

Mtwoodson

I've got a gorgeous little Clackamas Kimber 84SSV. Its a Single Shot Varmint in .223. 25" stainless fluted barrel, matte blue receiver and semi-beavertail fore end. Darned accurate and very pretty. It will shoot sub 1/2 MOA if you do your part. As I understand, these were built just before the Clackamas guys left to open Cooper, and there seem to be some stylistic similarities, at least to me. Nice as it is, it just sits in the safe, complaining that it wants to come out and play. It needs a new home. I'd like to trade it for a 300 WinMag heavy-barrel something(700P, 5R, Sendero, Laredo or?). I'm mostly a Winchester/Remington guy, but open to reasonable suggestions. I'd like an even swap at about $950-$1000. It's wearing a SS Bushnell 4200 3.5-10 x40, I think, and I'd swap the entire package go for $1300-ish trade value.
And I'm a stodgy ole fart, stuck on the 300 WinMag because it's what I've always used. I think it loses a little something ballistically to the 7MM, And I might be convinced to try a 7Mag, if you're up to the deal.

Attachments

• Kimberb.jpg
    Kimberb.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Gun1.JPG
    Gun1.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I pulled the SSV out of the safe for some pictures and found some scratches on the barrel in front of the scope bell and along the top of the forearm below the bell. Nothing even close to a functional issue, but it's not the virgin safe queen I remembered.

Attachments

• Kimber a.jpg
    Kimber a.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: