• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtt for a .25 caliber barrel for a Remington 700

rebelcountry27

I have a Mauser m96 6.5x55 that I would like to trade for a nice .25 caliber barrel, that I want for a 25-06 ackley project. The swede is in a butler Creek stock, barrel shortened to a little less than 23", being glass bedded, and the bolt turned down. Took the rifle on trade, and going a different route

I have Model 70 post 64 push feed 25-06 Ackley Imp. It is Douglas SS 26 inch barrel 1.2 to .875 taper. Ahlman gun shop put the barrel on for me about 30 years ago. The purpose of the gun was long range prairie dog shooting. It didn't work out the way I wanted it because the recoil didn't allow me to see where the bullet hit to adjust for wind. The barrel probably has less than 300 rounds through it. I just took the barrel off the action to make a cheap-o 30-06 out of parts but maybe you might be interested in it. The action has some minor rust pitting on the order of small freckles. It was a South Dakota pickup gun for a while. If you are interested I will text you pictures. Value- wise for the barrel and the action, I would put it at $450. I would be interested in a trade of some sort also. If want more info contact me at [email protected]