• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT 300WSM for 30-06

wfjames

I have a Browning Abolt II stalker in 300wsm that I would like to trade for a Remington 700 in 30-06. Mine is in like new condition with less than 40 rds down range and I would like to trade for a rifle in close to the same condition. I am not too concerned with what stock it has or if it is blued or stainless, as long as it has a jeweled bolt and a clean barrel (no sights). I can add cash for the right rifle.

bh0l0w.jpg

1znmqza.jpg

I have Browning A-Bolt (fluted) in .280 Remington 22" blue steel, stalker stock or I have custom Eddystone with weaver mounts and custom 30-06 bbl and custom stock.

Well the 300WSM is a lot of gun for these 125lb deer around here. Also, I have never owned a 30-06 bolt gun and I am pretty sure that is sacreligious (sp) in the deer hunting world.

I'd skip the 30-06 for sure.

Buy a 20 guage Benelli rifled shotgun for under 150 yards.

or

Buy a 270 rifle as it will shoot and kill any size deer out 400 yards.

or if you want some meat left on a puny 125lb deer,

buy a 25-06, 260, 6.5x55.

Your best cgoice is a Tikka 6.5x55, you will have meet and can kill deer and elk out to 400+ yards.

The ballistic coeffiicient of the 6.5 caliber is the best, shoots flat, kills, doesn't kick much more than a 223.

Forget the 308, 30-06, wsm's except the 7mm WSM.

The Browning 7mm wsm is a keeper and can be loaded with 140 grain to have meat left to eat. Or 175 grain to kill a bear or elk long distance.

I hope this helps.

Ed

The .280 rem (7mm-06) or 7mm-08 is also a great compromise for lower recoil and great non-vegetarian characteristics. LOL :D

I think its a sin not to have an -06 too:D
I live in the northwest, and its a handy rifle to have. Not too big for deer, not too small for elk. Choose the proper bullet wt, and bullet construction and you dont have to waste your time with puny calibers better suited for varmints.

I may be opinionated, but I think your doing something pretty cool by downsizing. If you dont need it or want it (300WSM), get something you want/need and that can, has, and will kill anything in north America (30-06), and can still shoot a 55gr accelerater at blistering speed.
I only wish I had two -06's, so I could trade you one and keep the other for myself. Unfortunately I only have one and Im not willing to part with it. I sure could use a 300wsm tho...... It would be the perfect go between from my 270wsm to my 300wby
I sent you a P.M.

I will also trade for a Remington 700 SPS tactical in 308 or an LTR in 308 plus some cash on my end or a Remington 700 sporter in 308 with a jeweled bolt and clean barrel.