WTT: 27-Nosler reamer for something else

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 46119

I have the reamer used to chamber the 277/26-Nosler test mule. Obviously used once. It is the PTG 27-Nosler SAMMI spec, reamer print available. I used the same go/no go gauges for all 4 of my xx-Noslers so my chambering will load and shoot 277/26-Nosler. If you get the 27-Nosler go/no go your chambering will be on spec.

I would consider any reasonable reamer in trade. If it's really odd ball, go gauge would be needed as well.

22,243/6mm, 264/6.5, 270/6.8 or 30 cals

Did the chambering live up to your expectations? Just curious, I must have missed the thread/info.

Did the chambering live up to your expectations? Just curious, I must have missed the thread/info.
Yes!

All the test barrels were fitted with Pressure Trace II sensors.

All the Nosler chamberings lived up to expectation.

The 27-Nosler was almost always very close to the QL predictions in velocity and pressure. Some bullets produced more pressure than predicted but they are known to do that, specifically Nosler E-Tips lead free. Higher speeds but higher pressuers. Though when you look up the speed in the QL table the pressures match.

It sent a CEB 115grn Copper Raptor down range at 4000fps from a 24" barrel!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.