• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/ WTT Savage 10 in 270 WSM

Dr. Vette

Traded -> Savage 10 in 270 WSM

I have for sale (or possible trade) a Savage Model 10 (i.e. short action 110). It is blued with a wood stock, made in 2003 and features the AccuTrigger. Caliber is 270 WSM. In my experience it shoots under 1 MOA using Federal Fusion ammo. I purchased it used in 2005 and it originally was sold as the 10GXP3 package. That means it came with a mounted and bore-sighted Simmons "8 Point" 3-9x40 scope and a leather sling. When I purchased the rifle I swapped the factory rings to Leupold ones, lapped them and installed a different scope. Right now the rifle has no scope mounted but the Leupold rings are still in place.

I took this rifle on an elk hunt in 2007 and have used it deer hunting. Nothing wrong with it at all, but my interests are going in a different direction and I have no need to keep it as a spare. The metal work is all as new except for a slight wear mark at the muzzle (see pic). The wood has a few handling marks, notably one on the mid left side of the stock and a couple at the rear sling stud thanks to where my Dad's rifle rubbed it while in the hard case on the way to our elk hunt.

I will sell it as the original package (rifle, rings and bases, Simmons scope, leather sling, AccuTrigger adjusting tool) and also include the Leupold rings for $475 + shipping. I will sell it as rifle only + bases (no scope, Leupold rings or leather sling) for $425 + shipping. Right now this same package, new, sells for $550. In addition, if the buyer is interested I will sell them my remaining 270 WSM ammunition + used brass.

All of the above is negotiable. In trade I would consider any Weatherby, a 223 rifle, a nice bolt action .22LR or a 9mm semi-auto pistol.

Payment would be by USPS money order.
No California sales.

Small dent on left side of stock (near center of pic):

Marks by sling stud from other rifle:

More pics in next post.

Last edited:
Additional photos.

Simmons scope + original rings:

The only metal issue I can find, a loss of bluing at the muzzle:

That's all.
Feel free to PM or e-mail me for further information, offers or trade offers.

Up for the weekend.

Great as a backup gun or a base for a new project rifle.

Don't be afraid to send any offers my way!

To the top.

Still open to offers / trades.
Will trade up or down if needed, and especially if it's a Weatherby - but don't be afraid with other brands. I have several brands in my gun cabinet. :)

a basic 223 or 22-250?
9mm semi-auto pistol?
Smith & Wesson revolver?

Anyone?
Lots of talk about the 270 WSM elsewhere on the forum today.
Anyone willing to give this one a try?

Will throw in almost 2 boxes of Federal Fusion ammo too.
No, they're not handloads but this rifle loves them.
Also have a couple empty boxes of brass I'll send along.

Up again for one more weekend.

If no interest, and not even any offers, then I'll remove it from consideration on Monday the 22nd. I thought I'd get at least some interest here...

Thanks for looking :)

How about a savage 110 in a 223. 24" barrel. Built in 1990. Like new condition. Not even any slide marks on the bolt. It is factory original. Terry