• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT:Rem 700 Stainless Mag Bolt and 300 RUM Barrel with Hart Brake

Bruz

I have a Remington 700 SS Magnum Bolt (Non J Lock) and a Remington 700 SS 300 RUM Barrel with Hart Brake and Hart Snakeskin Bead Blast for sale or trade. I will take $200 for the bolt and $200 for the barrel.

Barrel1.jpg

barrel2.jpg

barrel3.jpg

barrel4.jpg

Re: WTS/WTT:Rem 700 Stainless Mag Bolt and 300 RUM Barrel with Hart Br

is it a factory 300RUM barrel, or is it one of bobby's barrel's

Travis

Is the Hart break a screw on brake? If so do you have the cap? How many rounds have been fired through this?
Thanks Roy

I talked with bruz about most of this a couple or three days ago and am pretty sure I can answer most of your questions.

It's a factory barrel that was chambered and had the snakeskin finish applied by RW Hart and the muzzle brake was put on at the same time too.

He told me that there were less than a hundred rounds through it but I can't for the life of me remember. I think it was 54 or something like that but am almost sure it was less than a hundred.

Note: You can see the Remington Stamped letters on the barrel in the picture so it's for sure a Remington blank/barrel.

I never did ask him if the brake is removeable but it sure doesn't look like it is.

I also don't know the barrel length.

Hope that helped... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

$bob$

Gentleman,

Thanks LDHunter for the thumbs up. I am Bruz on every forum I frequent GON, 24Hour,Accurate Reloading,Snipershide etc... and you can verify my record on those forums as well.

I bought the barrel a month ago and was given the following information.

1) 26" Length
2) 38 rounds through the tube for break-in.
3) Factory Rem Barrel
4) Hart Removable Brake $189
5) Hart Bead Blast $50
6) Hart Break In $50 (I'm not sure what he meant by this)
7) Claimed sub-moa out to 600 yards.

Now what I know....I checked the rifling,chamber and throat when it arrived and they all seem to be in almost new condition. I haven't tried to remove the brake and a cap was not included in the purchase. There is a rub on the top of the barrel near the brake that is not an issue because of the Snakeskin pattern.

I hope this helps.

[ QUOTE ]
I talked with bruz about most of this a couple or three days ago and am pretty sure I can answer most of your questions.

It's a factory barrel that was chambered and had the snakeskin finish applied by RW Hart and the muzzle brake was put on at the same time too.

He told me that there were less than a hundred rounds through it but I can't for the life of me remember. I think it was 54 or something like that but am almost sure it was less than a hundred.

Note: You can see the Remington Stamped letters on the barrel in the picture so it's for sure a Remington blank/barrel.

I never did ask him if the brake is removeable but it sure doesn't look like it is.

I also don't know the barrel length.

Hope that helped... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

$bob$

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

Thanks for the help.I checked my messages from the seller and he stated 38 rounds and not 58 rounds which is what I told you. I haven't tried to remove the brake because I don't want to bugger it up and after looking at it with a scope..I don't believe it can be removed. This is definitely a factory Remington Barrel.

(Edited....I looked at the brake and don't believe that it can be removed...I will check with Hart on Monday)

Thanks,

I might be able to shed some light on this for you.

I sold this barrel to Sam, the fellow that sold it to Bruz.

This was a factory take-off barrel chambered by Remington.

It was taken off by me.
It has a Hart break installed.
It did not have a thread protector
It had Three (3) rounds down it when I took it off.
It was taken off because the customer wanted a custom barrel.
I know the gentlemen that sold it to Bruz, and he is a stand up guy. If he said it has 38 rounds down it then it does.

Hope this helps for the prospective buyers.

[ QUOTE ]
I might be able to shed some light on this for you.

I sold this barrel to Sam, the fellow that sold it to Bruz.

This was a factory take-off barrel chambered by Remington.

It was taken off by me.
It has a Hart break installed.
It did not have a thread protector
It had Three (3) rounds down it when I took it off.
It was taken off because the customer wanted a custom barrel.
I know the gentlemen that sold it to Bruz, and he is a stand up guy. If he said it has 38 rounds down it then it does.

Hope this helps for the prospective buyers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mr. Russo,

Thanks for the history....Do you know if the brake can be removed? Sam said he thought it coul but I just looked at it and I'm not sure.

By golly... There's some history for you... Right back to the original owner.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm just scaling back from the loudenboomers due to my two torn retinas (fixed now) and rapidly fading hearing... <huh?> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I few years ago I'd have jumped on this way before it hit this list.

I imagine that the brake alone would cost more than he want's for the whole barrel.

Someone will get a good deal here.

My current long range rifle is a Sendero in 300SAUM and I'm quite happy with it but I miss the good ole days of the 30-378 and 338-378 rifles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I have a 375H&H I'm thinking of putting a brake on and using it for long range elk hunting but haven't worked up the nerve to send it off yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Anyway. I'll vouch for Bruz... (I already said that huh?)

I have well over 3000 total posts on AR, 24hr Campfire and PM and am the veteran of over 200 internet transactions and I hope all that carries some weight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Wish I could get the dang time to just shoot what I have NOW... That's the worst problem and I guess I share that with a lot of y'all.

OK... I'll quit rambling and let bruz sell his barrel.

Get to the hill!!!
$bob$

*****SPF******

Thanks for all of the interest.

the brake should be removable, I have a hart brake and barrel on my 300RUM and I have the threaded cap and wrench to get it off.

Travis