• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT Rem 700 6.5-06

huckjare

Shilen select match grade stainless #3 contour 26'' barrel. Remington 700 BDL Mountain Rifle action and stock. The action and barrel are in excellent condition. The stock has seen better days but is still a pretty BDL stock. Round count is low, around 100. Haven't had time to work up a load. Just running the powder flow measurer and using it to shoot rockchucks. Looking for around $1100 OBO or would be willing to trade for a really light weight pack rifle. I would also sell the Nikon Monarch 4-16 with mill dot for another $300. I backpack in a lot when I hunt and need something really light. I like the 6.5 and the .284 calibers but am open to other. Let me know what you have.

Attachments

• IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 8
What is the weight of the rifle with the scope and how does it shoot?
Have you looked at the Kimber classic select in .280 ackly? Comes in at around 6.25 pounds and looks real nice.

As it sits the gun weighs just shy of 9 pounds according to the bathroom scale. I haven't actually put it on paper but it is sufficent to shoot rock chucks out past 200 yards with the two loads I put together real quick. I just haven't had a chance to get to the range and sit on the bench to see what she will do.

On a side note it has been glass bedded and I had my smith put a remington 40x recoil lug. they are built to a lot higher spec

Last edited:
I would trade for a lightweight rifle for backpacking or maybe a nice spotting scope, like the Nikon 60mm fieldscope ED