• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Savage .280 Remington

Status
Not open for further replies.

57Loader

Put this together last year as my first rifle project. Didn't pay attention to the weight and it came out a little heavier than I liked. Came in at 11.5 lbs with scope and bipod. Need to sell this one to fund the new lightweight project. Only 20 rounds through the new barrel. With $50 in tools this can be easily changed to different calibers in the .30-06/.308 family.

Barrel- Criterion Barrel- 26" long, light varmint contour, 1-9" twist.
Chamber- .280 Remington.
Action- Savage 116 stainless weather warrior w/ Accutrigger.
Stock- Bell & Carlson Medalist, black w/ silver web.
Precision ground recoil lug and barrel nut from Northland Shooters Supply.
Tacticle bolt handle.
Weaver 2 piece steel bases.
Comes with the "GO" and "NO-GO" .280 headspace gauges.
The scope, sling, bipod, rings, and level are all SOLD already. This is for the rifle only.

$1100 OBO Shipped to FFL.

Attachments

• Savage 280-1.jpg
    Savage 280-1.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Savage 280-2.jpg
    Savage 280-2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 10
  • Savage 280-3.jpg
    Savage 280-3.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 11
If you are considering any trades, would you be interested in trading your rifle for a Remington 700 RS (Rynite Stock) in .243 Winchester with a Leupold Vari-X 3-9x33 Compact? The gun is in excellent condition and shoots 95 gr Berger VLDs excellently. The trigger has been worked and is light and crisp. I think Remington only made this rifle for a couple of years. It has a very rigid factory Rynite stock in a brown/black matte swirl pattern. The finish on the rifle is matte black from the factory. The scope is matte black as well. I sent the scope to Leupold and had them install a CDS elevation knob on the scope. I have not yet ordered a CDS dial with load data. The scope rests in Leupold low standard rings on Leupold 2 piece standard bases, both in matte. The scope has Butler Creek flip open lens covers. This is an excellent varmint rifle as it is fairly light and the 22" barrel lends to its compactness. Thanks for your time. Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts