• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Remington 40X in .22-250 with 24X Unertl

Double-edged

Remington 40X single shot .22-250 with Unertl 24X scope (a Programmer 200). All supposedly assembled in the late 60's (have not confirmed date through the Remington Custom Shop). Asking $2600 for rifle and scope together. Will not split at this time (though you are welcome to discuss it with me via PM or e-mail or phone if you have some offer that you feel is good enough for me to do so). Scope is clear and without optical fault as far as I can tell.

40xandunertl5.jpg

40xandunertl6.jpg

Contact me at hdm25 at aol.com if interested.

PP at +3.5%, USPS M.O. preferred.

Last edited:
The scope is worth $1000.00 by itself. I had 2 Unertls, one 24X and one 36X that I just sold a couple month's ago. Nice rifle.
Good luck with sale.
Tarey

Yes, I've had an offer of $800 sight unseen for the scope alone prior to posting this online. Blue Book puts the rifle right at $2K by itself, though I really haven't been able to locate any for that price online. I found an identical one going for more than $3K but I'd rather err on this side than have it for sale for a long period of time. I'm no expert on these older rifles or I might push harder on price. As it is, the money from this will just go into other rifles and optics.

Dear Sir. I am interested in buying this rifle/scope. Please email me at [email protected] or call/text at 304 320 8430
Duard Addington
10 East River Mountain
Bluefield, WV 24701gun)

Just hoping to get one. I just started LRH online magazine. Sorry. If you can help me, let me know. You have great taste in guns and optics.