• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Rem700 VSSF w/MKIV

Stokes

Hey Guys,
I have for sale a Remington 700, in the Varmit Synthetic, Stainless, Flutted version.
It is brand new, never having been fired since it left the factory.
This gun is chambered in 308. The Leupold is also cammed for 308, so this gun is ready!

Features include:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Remington 700 VSSF
<LI>Stainless Steel barrel and receiver
<LI>HS Precision made stock
<LI>Harris 1A2 telescoping bipod
<LI>Shilen fully adjustable match trigger
<LI>Leupold MKIV two peice bases
<LI>Leupold MKIV Rings
<LI>Leupold MKIV 10X scope. M3 version with 308 cam, duplex reticle
<LI>NO J-Lock
[/list]

I will include shipping at the price of $1875.
IG_LoadImage.asp

IG_LoadImage.asp

IG_LoadImage.asp

Man, that is nice!!
Looks like my Sendero in 300RUM, and we have the same Harris bipod.
What kind of brake is that?....super nice rig...sakofan..
tongue.gif

I believe the trigger is the 1.5 to 6 pound model, but I could be mistaken.

There actually isn't any kind of brake on the gun. It is bone stock, outside of the trigger and the bolt-ons. The funky photography musta been acting up on me....

I've got some hours logged on a VSSF .308, so allow me to jump in gang. Remington hasn't made this rifle in a few years. I bought mine in '94-95. Shortly thereafter, they made it (.308) only in a ported version, and then they discontinued it altogether. Don't know why, as it was an outstanding rig (at least mine is, and I would not sell it for less than $1k without scope!).

Picture a VS (Varmint Synthetic), then swap the chromoly action/barrel for stainless steel, then flute the barrel (which removes 1/2 pound weight). Now you got a Varmint Synthetic Stainless Fluted (VSSF). No brake, that's just the unfluted couple inches before the muzzle. Brake? It's only a .308 for crying out loud!
wink.gif

26" varmint bbl, equivalent to about a 5.5 in the Shilen contour scale. 1:12" twist, and shoots 168 and 175 MKs regularly into 1/2 minute of angle (mine anyway). Also shoots 1/2 MOA with Hornady 178 AMAX. Note, this is in the Sacramento area, about 200 feet above sea level, so your results might vary. Will also shoot 190 MKs into minute of angle.

The 1:12" twist is not a liability, in my considerable (2,500+ rounds) experience with this rifle, and I shoot matches to 1,000y. NOTE: 168 MKs are good to about 600 yards in this rifle, at safe velocities. Do NOT count on them for long range performance; they go subsonic, keyhole, etc. and your sub-MOA groups become barn-door groups. Use the 175 MK or 178 AMAX for long range. 45 grains of Varget, in Winchester or Lapua brass, with an overall length of 2.825" which should just barely squeak into the magazine. MV of 2,700 fps in my setup.

Total weight of rifle only is 8 and 3/8 pounds. The VS versions weigh 8 & 7/8, because they aren't fluted.

Torque the action bolts to 65 INCH pounds. Chances are, this VSSF will be a winner for you too, if you know how to shoot. :)

Regards to all right-minded Americans.

[ 04-22-2003: Message edited by: Nate Haler ]

[ 04-22-2003: Message edited by: Nate Haler ]

Recent Posts