• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Rem. 600 Mohawk

surjimmy

I have what I think is an early 60's Rem. 600 Mohawk in 6mm, it is in great condition. This is a great little pack rifle. Comes with a vintage Weaver 2.5 scope, and leather sling Feel free to call with any questions, 405-503-2025. Price is $600 plus shipping from me to your FFL....NOTE... I have several sites I can direct you to for my feed back if wanted....

Was just pointed out, there is a crack on the rib behind the front site. I talked to a custom rifle builder here in Oklahoma. He said this would not affect the accuracy using a scope. The other spot towards the receiver is not a crack. With that said, the PRICE now is $550 shipped.

Replacement ribs (aluminum vice plastic) can be purchased from Heritage Arms Heritage Arms - Remington 600 Parts as well as metal trigger guards. These ribs are purely cosmetic and have no affect on sighting with a scope.
BTW: This is not a Mohawk. This is a standard Model 600. The Mohawk was the next version with a slightly thicker barrel with no ventilated rib. Mohawks also had birch stocks.
Later came the Model 660 version which was essentially the same rifle only they lengthened the barrel to 20" and again, dropped the plastic rib which obviously wasn't too durable.
These guns are typically really nice shooters. Have had several and my Mohawk in .308 is one of my "go to" rifles.

Beat me to point about being a 600. Has it had the trigger upgrade from remington? Possible price no scope or mounts.

Beat me to point about being a 600. Has it had the trigger upgrade from remington? Possible price no scope or mounts.

Probably not. The ones I've seen that had the Remington safety recall trigger were gold in color. This one is still black.

Just checked my other 4 with updates and as you said all gold.......... I love this little rifles and usually they will SHOOT.....