• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Pre-64 (WWII) Winchester 94 32 WS

jgraham01

A WWII Winchester 94 Carbine in 32 Winchester Special in excellent shape and is one of the very few Flat Band models that were made between 1943 and 1948. This one was made in 1947. Records for all Flat Band Models are non-existent, however Winchester would stamp the year on the underside of the barrel, just in front of the receiver, and it is stamped 47. It has great original bluing and wood for a rifle that is 70 years old. The front sight insert was replaced with a Sourdough insert and has the hood. The replacement rear sight is a fold down sight to allow the use of the tang sight. I also have a decorative Winchester rear sight plug for the rear sight dovetail. The tang peep sight looks like a Marbles sight, but is unmarked. The tang sight comes with two inserts, so you have three possible sight pictures. The barrel band is the Winchester sling swivel style and the buttstock has the same type swivel mounted on it. I have the original tang screw and tang screw plug for the second hole, the original front sight, but the original rear sight is long gone. A 1" leather sling is included.

The man I bought it from several years ago said his dad bought it after coming home from WWII and it was bought new at a store in the town where they lived. He got it when his dad passed away. He said it was not shot or carried much and that appears to be true by its condition. As far as I can tell, the carbine seems to be all original, but for the missing rear sight, which is available online from a number of sources. Selling as a great shooter and an example of WWII Winchester production for the civilian market, not as a collectable. $950

Also have 300 170 grain bullets in the boxes and 300 once fired brass I would sell with the rifle for $150.

Free shipping and your FFL must be willing to accept from a private person. Email with any questions and more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

Very nice! I have a flat band in 30WCF, wouldn't mind having this one in the safe but no funds for another winchester at the moment. GLWS