• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wts or wtt jewell trigger lh safety for 700

Calfarmer

Hey I have a jewell trigger that I put on a stiller lh action that I'm not sure I can trust for hunting use, had it not reset a couple times cause of easily getting just a bit of cleaning residue during breaking in a barrel has around a 100 shots on it so pretty new interested in selling for 200 plus shipping or trade for other good hunting triggers new or lightly used, been reading about the huber trigger and haven't read anything bad about them so interested in one of those
I think this jewell would be great on a bench gun or varmint rifle just kinda scared to trust it on a elk or deer hunt!
Anybody have any input that would help this one not fail on me then I'd be interested in your help!
Thanks!
Derek

I had a 15 ounce jewel trigger on my custom rem 700 308. It was great. Took it on hunts in Texas, Missouri, and Georgia with no issues. Took it to several range outings in between the hunts, and it still broke at 15 ounces. I have shot several deer and a hog with it in all kinds of terrain. I really like Timney as well if you decide to get one of them. Never gave me issues on my rem 700s.

Send it back to Jewell.

I had a Timney that had a couple of small issues. I sent it back to them and they just replaced it for me. Better yet, I wasn't even the original owner of it and told them that.

I suspect that Jewell will repair it or replace it for you just like Timney did for me.

I called Rifle Basic about a bad Rem 700 trigger I bought from them. They immediately sent me a new trigger at no cost with a return envelope for the old one.

Recent Posts