• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS OR: Savage 243 Varmint/Tactical... parts or complete

4th_point

SOLD: Savage 243 Varmint/Tactical... parts or complete: SOLD

Guys, I have a 243 that is almost ready to go as a longrange varmint or tactical rig. Just mount the scope and shoot. The idea was to shoot targets at 1000 yards economicaly, but plans have changed and I need to fund other projects. I'd like to sell everything as a package, or as much as possible.

Rifle is a Stevens 200 in 243. Bought new for donor action and only shot 50rounds through factory barrel. Factory barrel has been removed (but included), and replaced with a stainless match grade 28" Lothar Walther, LW-50 barrel steel, 1-in-8 twist, zero rounds fired (barrel is new!). New barrel nut, and new Sharp Shooter Supply recoil lug. The factory trigger also comes with a Sharp Shooter Supply trigger (fully adjustable and goes down to 12oz). I also replaced the bolt handle with a tactical knob, also from SSS.

For optics I bought a Bushnell 4200 6-24x50 with tactical turrets. With the EGW 20MOA rail, there is enough elevation to shoot 105 AMAX bullets well beyond 1000 yards with no holdover. Rings are 30mm Warne Maximas.

The stock is a Choate Tactical (the new model, not one of their less conventional looking stocks). It has a full aluminum spine. Its extremely rigid and has the right channel for the match barrel. I also converted the blind mag on the Stevens to a SSS high capacity detachable mag.

Here's a list of everything:
1. Stevens 200 (Savage w/o Accutrigger), complete rifle (paid $300)
2. Lothar Walther (paid $305)
3. SSS trigger (paid $100)
4. SSS hi-cap detachable mag (paid $80 + extra for conversion parts)
5. Choate Tactical stock (paid $200)
6. EGW 20MOA rail (paid $40)

Total for above is $1025, not including the mag conversion, bolt handle, etc.

I'd like to sell everything listed above for $575. Sorry but no trades, and no shipping at this time (FTF Oregon). I'll include the 4200 scope (paid $650) and rings ($30) for an extra $500.

Thanks for looking,
Jason

Last edited:
I know you said no shipping at this time, which means at some time you may ship it.

If that is the case then I'd like to be first in line for the following package:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a list of everything:
1. Stevens 200 (Savage w/o Accutrigger), complete rifle (paid $300)
2. Lothar Walther (paid $305)
3. SSS trigger (paid $100)
4. SSS hi-cap detachable mag (paid $80 + extra for conversion parts)
5. Choate Tactical stock (paid $200)
6. EGW 20MOA rail (paid $40)

Total for above is $1025, not including the mag conversion, bolt handle, etc.

I'd like to sell everything listed above for $575.
--------------------------------------------------------------

If you will ship it then I will take it!

2 pm's sent also

Last edited:
KRP- I'm in Portland (Hillsboro actually).

Sold pending transaction (meeting on Tuesday 3/16/10).