• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Montana 1999 Custom 300 WSM

jgraham01

Custom built Montana Rifle Company (MRC) model 1999 stainless action with a 24 inch MRC CM #2, standard sporter weight, .300 WSM chambered barrel. Bought the barreled action and it was sent to Kevin of Weaver Rifles to have them put it all together. They squared up the action and bolt faces, lapped in the lugs and adjusted the trigger to break at 2.5lbs. Then High Tech Industries installed a High Tech synthetic stock with Marine Tex bedding, a one inch Pachmayr Decelerator pad and a Recoil Suppressor. Stock is setup for a Ching sling with three swivel studs and is grey with black spots. Then Accurate Plating and Weaponry matte hard chrome all the metal. Finally, Wild West Guns chambered the rifle using their match reamer. Leupold mounts are included. The rifle has only been fired 40 times for a break-in of the barrel, as recommended by MRC, but never hunted with. I have over $2500 in the rifle, was selling for $2000 but dropped the price to $1500 plus shipping. More pictures available.

[/URL[/COLOR]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jgraham1/media/1999 1_zpsqibzdaxq.jpg.htmlhttp://smg.photobucket.com/user/jgraham1/media/1999 1_zpsqibzdaxq.jpg.html]

Not looking for trades. Contact me with questions. Thanks for looking. Sorry, unable to upload the pics.

Jerry

How does it shoot, group size, load info, grain bullet, factory loads used?

Only shot to break in the barrel during mid-winter in Alaska and never shot for group size so I have no load info on it. Used some factory ammo that a guy had available, at the only gun store in Juneau, but it was over 5 years ago and I do not recall what ammo. I know I was impressed with how accurate it was but I have nothing measured due to the weather that day. Sorry.

Jerry

What is the weight of the rifle?
Brian

It weights approximately 9 pounds as shown. Depending on the scope and rings used, you could get it up a bit higher than that. Good steady rifle and it would not be difficult to carry all day hunting.

Jerry

Okay, I was asked so many times that I took the rifle out this past weekend and fired three different loads through it. All are loads I made up for my other 300 WSM and consist of 150, 165 and 180 grain bullets. I fired five rounds each for a total of 15. Although they did not all print to the same point of aim for each weight, those in the same weight were 3/4 to 12 inch spreads. The rifle is shooter and I suspect that refining a particular load will keep all rounds at 1/2 inch.
Jerry