• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS GRE-TAN 338 Lapua Magnum

ecross27

GRE--TAN 338 LAPUA MAGNUM build as follows:

NESIKA Model M Repeater action w/ 20moa integral Picatinney rail; KREIGER 30" 1x10 twist micro-fluted barrel w/ VAIS/GRE--TAN Modified Muzzle Brake; McMILLIAN A-5 desert tan sniper-fill stock w/ 2 flush mount side swivels and 1 stainless stud for bipod; PACHMYER recoil pad; 2 mercury recoil reducers installed by McMILLIAN; JEWELL trigger w/ safety set @ 12 oz.; H-S PRECISION drop box floor plate assembly; H-S PRECISION high rings; HARRIS bipod. Entire metalwork K-G KOTE flat black. +/- 14lb without scope

Complete with FOSTER BR dies; 369+/- 250gr LAPUA SCENAR projectiles; 100 loaded rounds in new LAPUA brass; 20 +/- re-loaded rounds to include one assembled "oal length gauge.
NOTE: The loaded ammo is included/sold as a "components only" item(s); albeit, it is carefully loaded and consistent with the break in firings.

This rifle has been Fired 17 times w/ break-in per Gre-Tan instructions by the original owner (I am second owner but have not fired the rifle). Target photo reflects accuracy potential!

RIFLE/RINGS/COMPONENTS----$4,800 shipped and insured. Sorry no trades at this time.****SCOPE IS SOLD*****

gretan338.jpg

IMGP3466.jpg

IMGP3465.jpg

IMGP3470.jpg

IMGP3468.jpg

338target.jpg

Last edited:
For the most part, I simply lost interest.

I have been good friends with ther original owner for years and the type/quality weapons he has built. After finally talking him him out of this one, I realized it and my 70 year body and span of attention do not fit together very well.

Thanks for the interest

That rifle is awesome .Result of this poor economy, the work picture dried up in my union hall.Upon realizing I can earn more retired then I can working.I hung up my belt . It just wouldn't be responsible of me to purchase that cool looking rifle. Million places here in Nevada for me to fire it.Thanks for getting back to me. I hope you find a home for it.

In good time I am sure. It is not for everyone however!

Enjoy retirement, I sure do!!

For the most part, I simply lost interest.

I have been good friends with ther original owner for years and the type/quality weapons he has built. After finally talking him him out of this one, I realized it and my 70 year body and span of attention do not fit together very well.

Thanks for the interest

I did the same thing only I'm mid 50's. I would refer to hunt and chase........ uh.... walk after women at my age. Folks for sure I know where he's coming from. I think you shot your more than I shot mine.
I sure like retirement too.

I received the following question and my response, in retorspect, will likely provide a bit more clarity about the rifle that I could have overlooked.
Thanks for looking!

QUOTE=stenger]if you can find out what bullet the rifle is throated for it might be sold if its what i am looking for.

thanks[/QUOTE]
Sir:
I am not sure I can properly answer your question as I am not exactly sure what you are asking that was not provided in the data of the offering.
The rifle is/was set up for the 250 Scenar and specifically using Lapua brass. Please note the chamber neck constriction is engraved on the barrel by the maker and is/was specific to the use of Lapua brass.
I have not attempted to work with it with any other projectile; however, since an "assembled OAL gauge/round" was furnished by the maker, it should be a simple matter to use it as a guide to try other projectiles. I can provide you an OAL measurement from the "OAL length gauge"; however, I am not sure it would actually be that meaningful.
This specific rifle is the one pictured on the Gre-Tan web site, for whatever that may be worth, and it is possible he may have records far above my learning.
Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
I can answer any question about the rifle anyone may have and I also have the spec sheet for the reamer that was used on the rifle. If I may be of help just asked

Thanks Jeff.

Forgot you also have intimate knowledge of the rifle and it construction as well as the origional owner.

Bad time to sell; however, good time to buy apparently.

I admit it, I'm drooling. If I only had a place to shoot it!!

It may be of some value to note, this specific rifle is referenced and prominently displayed on GREG TANNEL'S Web Site in the Tactical Rifle section: Gre-Tan Rifles

It is unique and a known entity! Thanks for your interest.

Recent Posts