• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Custom Weatherby Mark V 6.5-06 "Price Drop"

Duvel

This 6.5-06 is built on a 6-lug Weatherby Mark V action with a Timney Trigger. The barrel is a 25" Fluted Pac-Nor 3-groove 1-8" twist. Its a custom contour, it measures .650" at the muzzle. Kevin Cram of M.C.R. bedded the action in a Bell and Carlson Medalist stock. The gun has about 100 rounds through it. It is incredibly accurate, I just don't need 3 6.5-06's. The scope is NOT included. I'm asking $1350 shipped and insured to your FFL. PM me if interested. Thanks!

Attachments

• Winchester Featherweight Primary 001.jpg
    Winchester Featherweight Primary 001.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Winchester Featherweight Primary 002.jpg
    Winchester Featherweight Primary 002.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Winchester Featherweight Primary 003.jpg
    Winchester Featherweight Primary 003.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Winchester Featherweight Primary 004.jpg
    Winchester Featherweight Primary 004.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 10
Re: WTS: Custom Weatherby Mark V 6.5-06

With the scope that is on it, Nikon Monarch 4-16x40mm, it weighs somewhere around 9lbs(using a bathroom scale). I consider it fairly light. It definatly carries easy. I may try to get a more accurate weight later(with the scope removed). Hope this helps!

What are your other 6.5-06's? I am about to build a Savage 110 action, Criterion 26" varmint contour barrel with a laminate varmint stock in that caliber, and I'd be interested in loads and and general info about the cartridge. Sorry for butting in on this thread, which, I know, is a guns for sale thread. Mea culpa. Cheezie

Interested in seeing any targets you have shot. Please post if you have some.

Cheezie, one 6.5-06 is built on a Winchester 70 action, and the other is built on a PO Ackley Mauser action(Parker did a very limited run on these actions). For the lighter bullets(120 and under), I had the best luck with IMR-4350. For the heavier stuff, H4831 and RL-22. 6.5-06 is my number one favorite cartridge. Good bullet selection, great sectional density and BC. The 160gr woodleighs are dynamite on elk, complete pass through at almost any angle. I haven't tried it in Africa... yet! I'm 28yo and just decided to go back to college, so it may be a while before I get another trip in.

Tomg, I'll look to see if I can find my notes, I just moved so I'm not sure where they're at in the plethora of moving boxes in the garage. I'm not even going to think about asking my wife, she's cranky enough as is right now... :rolleyes:

AS A SIDE NOTE:
I would consider a partial trade for a NIB Remington 700 SPS in 243.

Any interesting trades? I'd also like to find one of the new Winchester Model 70's in 25-06 or 30-06.

Price drop! $1150 shipped