• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Custom 6.5x284Norma

backwoods83

Details are as follows.
Remington 700 Short Action, blueprinted, bolt fluted, tactical bolt knob installed.
PTG replacement firing pin spring.
.375" Holland recoil lug.
1:8.3" 4 groove single point cut rifled barrel 26.5" finish length .885" in front of muzzle brake (heavy Sendero contour).
.950" OD radial Hawk Hill customs muzzle brake tapers to barrel contour.
Rifle Basix L1-K trigger 23 oz on Lyman pull gauge, can be adjusted up to 3#.
Chamber is 6.5x284norma match, .2975" no turn neck .188" freebore.
Scorehigh single shot follower.
Bell and Carlson Medalist A2 black w/ grey web unbedded.
Factory remington sps bottom metal and mag box.
Round count is 291.
Rifle weighs 13.5#s with optics

EGW 20moa rail.
Weaver Tactical 6 hole rings, high.
Sightron SIII 8-32x56 fine crosshair w/ dot
Vortex anti-cant level

The action and barrel work all done by Hawk Hill Customs, stock, trigger, firing pin assembly, optics, etc.. was done by me. As it sits it has about as much recoil as a 10# 223. Shoots 140 bergers and amaxs very well to say the least. Selling to fund new 6.5wsm imp.
2500.00 shipped takes it all 1700.00 will take it all but the scope, rings, and anticant. Pics available via email, thanks.

Here are the pictures of the rifle that Jason is selling. Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• Jason pic1 (2).jpg
    Jason pic1 (2).jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Jason pic2.jpg
    Jason pic2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Jason pic 3.jpg
    Jason pic 3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 5
  • Jason pic 4.jpg
    Jason pic 4.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Jason pic 5.jpg
    Jason pic 5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5
.facebook_1532106399.jpgTarget from Harry Jones range in Fairmont, WV Oct 2012 Virginia 1000yrd nationals. Group was 7.221", Norma brass, 140 hunting vld jumped, Retumbo, Fed215M, 34* DA was almost 1700. True IBS 1k target 10 ring is 7", score was 48-2x, that was shot with a Hart front rest and Caldwell rear bag before the muzzle brake install. Shot a 10.061" 5 shot that day also with 140 amaxs, Retumbo, 215s in Hornady brass, unfortunately can't find that target.

Last edited:
Come on people, offers? I'd hate to put it in the back of the safe to collect dust!

Not into reloading as of yet but would the rifle do well with factory ammo
Looking for a cool long range varmint deer gun.
And any way to ship to Canada?

Thanks

I'm sure it would shoot Corbon, Blackhills, or HSM rounds very accurately, its not finicky. As far as shipping to canada, I would have to ask my buddy about that and it would probably be about 75-100 dollars more, if your interested I can check on it.

Ya do that
Iv been looking for something forever
There is a gun shop in town you can ship 2 if that makes it easier. Permit licence ext

It must be shipped from US FFL holder to Canadian PAL holder, but I will find out more in the morning.