• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS APS Extreme Sporter 7mm Allen Mag

jedlowe

It is with heavy heart that I put up for sale my Allen Precision Shooting 7mm Allen Mag "Extreme Sporter" rifle. I am getting ready to go to medical school, and I am afraid I won't be hunting too much for a while. It would be a shame to let this beauty sit around for the next 8 years. The rifle has the following build specs.

--Nesika Model M Receiver, right hand
--Nesika 20 MOA Picatinney Rail (See pics to see Kirby's handiwork on this)
--McMillan Varminter Stock, 13.5" LOP
--Rifles Basix Trigger (Tuned by Kirby to 3 lbs pull)
--Lilja, #5 Contour, 1-9 Twist, 26" barrel with 6 heavy flutes
--APS Painkiller slimline 3 port muzzle brake
--Seekins Precision Bottom Metal with 5 round mag (Allows OAL of 3.95")

This rifle has been my go-to hunting rifle. The bare rifle weighs 8.7 lbs by my scale. The Painkiller muzzle brake makes the kick almost negligible. My wife has no trouble shooting this rifle and has killed an elk with it.

The rifle has 100 rounds down the tube and still has a lot of life left in it. Every round that has been shot out of this rifle was either to kill an animal, or slow shooting with plenty of time between shots to get dope dialed. The rifle is a tack driver. It shoots the 200 grain ULD RBBT Wildcats 1/2 MOA out to 1000 yards no problem. The load that I use in this rifle pushes the 200 grain Wildcats at 3180 fps which is a pretty mild load.

I fire-formed the 100 rounds of fire-formed brass out of this rifle before I had it rebarreled a couple years ago, so no barrel life was wasted fire-forming. I have hunted with this rifle quite a bit. For you superstitious types, this rifle has a pretty impressive track record. It is responsible for the demise of a 379" bull elk (580 yards), a 372" bull elk (540 yards), a 42" bull moose (a scant 200 yards), a 38" Dall Sheep, (572 yards), a 205" Muley buck (310 yards), and my wife's 310" bull elk (360 yards). I am giving you my personal guarantee that you will achieve similar results if you purchase this rifle. ;)

As I write this, my wife interjected that this is the rifle she first hit the 1000 yard gong with. She is not very happy about me selling it!

Despite all of the hunting this rifle has done, I have babied it, and it is in excellent condition. There are no scratches on the stock. The bolt knob has a few scratches on it that you can see in the photos. Other than that, you will find no faults on this rifle.

If you add up the individual components that make up this rifle, you can see that there is a lot of money tied up in it. When you factor in the craftsmanship that Kirby puts into each of the rifles he builds, you can see that this rifle is something special.

I am including with the rifle the following components.

--70 200 grain Wildcat ULD RBBT Bullets.
--41 pieces of virgin 338 Lapua brass that has been necked down to 7mm and annealed by Kirby
This brass still needs to be fireformed.
--100 pieces of fire-formed brass (This was fire-formed with the previous barrel and has been
fired in this barrel with full tilt loads once) So technically it has been twice fired although one
of the firings was the mild fire-forming load.
--Redding FL Sizing die and Seater die
--100 180 grain Berger VLD Match bullets
--50 160 grain Nosler Accubond bullets
--If the buyer is local or wants to pick the rifle up, I will include about 6 lbs of WC 872 powder
(I am in northern Utah)

I am looking to get $4000.00 for the package. All you need to do is put a scope on this rifle and go kill some stuff!

2dk093n.jpg

200efq.jpg

2u40n04.jpg

5cd35s.jpg

300tssk.jpg

Well congratulations on going to medical school. Hope you sell the rifle. It looks great. What specialty are you interested in?

nice rifle! Im in the market for a new one but if I bought yours you might need to include a place for me to stay as well, because my wife would be looking to kill me. Good luck and nice rig

jedlowe,

If I didn't have a newly arrived 375 AM under the bed I'd be all over this one.

Your asking price is way, I mean WAY, more than reasonable.

I appreciate your desire for it to be used for it's purpose.

Rifles like this beg to be taken hunting!

Derek M.,

Not sure what specialty I will be going into. I don't want to be in school forever, so the length of residency will be taken into account. I am 33 years old, so I want to get out practicing as soon as I can.

Thanks all for the kind words on the rifle. It really is a killing machine and deserves to continue in that heritage. Besides, this rifle has shown that it is a magnet for trophy animals. Don't forget my personal guarantee!

I didn't think it would take long, if there was a serious buyer out there.

I hope the new buyer is 'one of us' so we can be kept up on the successes.