• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTS: 9mm and 223

warpig602

Wolf Gold, .223, 55gr FMJ, 940 rounds, 775.00 shipped
Federal American Eagle, 9mm, 115gr, FMJ, 800 rounds-650.00 shipped
Remington , 9mm, 115gr FMJ, 1000 rounds- 785.00shipped

You should sell it to them for what you paid. Not at Midway pricing like I did, except Midway doesn't have any.

>You should sell it to them for what you paid.

I just don't understand this line of thought... is it just that "we are all gun people and we should refuse to profit from having some foresight?"

I mean, I paid $15 a share for some Apple stock back in the late 1990's. It has split and split and split and gone up ... god knows how many times... should I offer to sell it for what I originally paid?

Now I will agree that I get frustrated with the scalpers that stand there in Walmart or Atwoods and buy whatever ammo shows up just so they can turn around and sell it for a high prices. That is the very definition of price gouging. But we all lived through the Obama crisis. We all literally had years and years since then to "stock up" on the things we couldn't get then. It's like the whole ant vs grasshopper children's story. I was an ant, I believed in Mel Tappan. Two is one, one is none. If you buy something you might need, buy two and put one away. But now the grasshoppers say "No fair, I insist you sell me what you put away for no profit... I'm your brother!" That's just not the way life works.

>You should sell it to them for what you paid.

I was kidding. It was a jab at all the guys who cry when people sell ammo or anything firearms related for more than it was worth previously. They condemn us but I dont see them selling their ammo to anyone for yesterday's pricing.

As you mentioned, it only applies to the gun world. Any one of these guys suddenly sees a x5 rise in the value of their home and they are selling.......and it wont be for what the house was worth 6 months ago.

This has happened too many times in the past for me to feel sorry for anyone. You spent 4 years buying beer, cigarettes and paying for netflix and amazon subscriptions. I bought ammo, dirt cheap too. I sleep just fine at night.

Amen brother!

It's not like I actually want to sell any of my hard earned "stash." But people hear you have XXX primers and ask if they can buy some? You don't really want to sell any... when can I replace them? But it's hard to turn down a 3-4x profit... "OK, I'll sell you a thousand for $100." Screaming and yelling, no way I'm paying that... you are trying to profit from this crisis, etc."

So while I haven't bought anything at all for over a year... I haven't sold anything either... because of all that attitude. Just not worth the hassle. And I sure don't want to get involved in the whole Hazmat shipping thing.

I resisted for months. I finally caved because I have about 10 years worth of ammo at the rate I shoot. I figured I could sell half and still weather the storm. Even then, I probably have enough reloading supplies to reload another 5 years worth. I'll resupply again when the time is right. I also paid off my car and truck......so now I can really stock up when things catch up.

If you want to sell, sell it on Gunbroker like did. Those guys don't care, they just want ammo.