• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: 3 "not long range" guns (Mini-14, 541T-HB, "Old" Vaquero)

mattj

Have a trio of guns I'm looking to sell:

First up: Super clean Ruger Mini-14 .223 stainless, 183- prefix serial #.

Purchased by my grandfather in 1983, sighted in with a box or two of ammo, then stuck in the safe. (Don't worry, I have plenty of "heirloom" guns from him that I would not think of selling).

Comes with: Weaver K-4 (4x duplex reticle) scope, B-square scope mount, factory 5-round mag, and a Federal Ordinance (later bought by PMI) 40-rounder. Asking $650 for the package.
mini14.jpg

Rem 541T is SPF
Next up: Remington 541T heavy barrel model, .22lr

Also very clean. Round count is <200. Comes with 2 piece base with Redfield 1" rings. It currently has a Leupold Vari-X III AO 3.5-10x scope on it. Rifle/base/rings: $650, or $900 for the rifle and optic -- RIFLE AND SCOPE SOLD PENDING FUNDS.
rem541t.jpg

Vaquero is SPF
And finally: Ruger "Old Model" Vaquero in .357 Mag, "case hardened" frame finish.

This guy isn't as clean as the rifles -- has a couple of marks in the finish in the tube that houses the ejector rod, a little of some sort of dark schmutz on the hammer and trigger that didn't come off with via rubbing with CLP, and what may be some tiny rust speckles starting on the handle part of the frame on the back of the gun between the grip panels. None of this is very noticeable unless you inspect it real close-up. Function wise, it shoots great. I don't know a ton about the sport, but I understand it might make a good starter gun for cowboy action shooting. Asking $350 - SOLD PENDING FUNDS.
vaquero.jpg

(Sorry for the dog hair on the blanket :) )

If you have any questions, or would like pictures of any particular part of any of the guns, please let me know. All prices include shipping to your FFL (must be legal in your locale). Prefer payment via USPS money order.

Trade interests include: Aimpoint Micro (H1 or T1), Trijicon TR-24G 1-4x, or the right AR-15 carbine upper w/ mid-length gas system. Feel free to make reasonable sale/trade offers -- the worst I'll say is 'no'.

Thanks for looking.

-Matt

Last edited:
The Remington and the Vaquero are both SPF.

Mini-14 still available.

ALL SOLD: 3 "not long range" guns (Mini-14, 541T-HB, "Old" Vaquero)

All 3 guns were sold a while back. I thought I had marked the Mini-14 as such, but I guess not, so sorry for the inconvenience.

I can no longer edit the original post, otherwise I would mark it as such now.

Thanks for the interest though.

-Matt