• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: .25-06 Winchester M70 with BOSS

Plainsman

I am selling my Winchester M70 bolt action rifle in .25-06 with the Ballistic Optimizing Shooting System (BOSS). This is the newer, PRE-'64 model with CLAW EXTRACTOR! I also have the original box and papers, the box may not be in the best of shape but will be included. This is the muzzle brake version and the recoil feels less than .243's I've shot.

See pic at link below. It is the rifle on the bipod at the top of the pic. The rifle will NOT include the scope or bipod or sling.
http://www.stormloader.com/plainsman/FirearmsPages/scopes.html

This comes with a set of 1" rings and mounts. I don't remember if they are Millet or Leopold rings/mounts but will try to determine. I had a 40mm scope on this rifle to give you an idea of height.

This rifle has been fired with loads well below the maximums as I don't 'supe' up loads. It has had ~500 rounds through it. The bore is excellent!

It is in great shape! The only marring is around the front sling stud where I've had a Harris bipod mounted and the two "ears" have left a ring around the stud in the wood.

I'm asking $500 obo shipped to your FFL. I'm in ND btw, perhaps we could do a F-T-F as well?!

Why am I selling?
Too many toys and I can't justify putting more money into a scope for this one! I'm looking at investing for a good scope as I sold the scope on this rifle about two years ago, or selling it so I can concentrate on other guns/calibers. I haven't fired this rifle in almost three years. I'm going on the theory of, "If it isn't getting used, get rid of it!"

The best way to get a hold of me for sure is to EMAIL ME at [email protected]

Thank you!

Plainsman

I welcome any/all offers of trades! You just never know what I may find interesting, so don't be afraid to make an offer! I'm especially interested in trades where I could end up with a 'little' cash. So don't be afraid to off that $250 item plus some cash! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The things I'm most interested in currently are:
Rifle scopes, especially 40mm and IER.
Scout scope mounts for Marlin 444 and/or 1894 model rifles…
Cutlery and quality axes/hatchets such as Gransfors Bruks.
Reloading/casting equipment/components for the .44 or .444.
Firearms in .44 or .444…
Possibly .22, .22WMR, or .22Hornet rifles…
10/22 parts/accessories
Maybe a TC Contender or Encore frame or complete firearm…
Possibly an H&R/NEF rifle…
Good packs, vests, etc…

But don't let this list stop you! If you have something that you can use as a barter item, toss it my way and see what I think. This is how I find out about new things and try new 'stuff!'

Shoot me an email at: [email protected]

Thank you!

Plainsman