• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB/WTT Nice all around Skeet/trap/sporting clays gun

onpoint

Alright guys let me start off by saying I have been bitten by the bug!!! Went trap shooting yesterday and really enjoyed it even though I shot with my browning citori super lite that tore my shoulder up. I am looking for a good over all gun that I can use for all trap, skeet and sporting clays. I have been told there are a lot of different ones to look at. I have lots of stuff to trade or can do cash or cash and trade. Let me no what you have.

I will consider a Browning BT99 for trap. Maybe even a combo gun. No Semi's or pumps

A BT99 is a good trap gun but in no way an all around plus you cannot use it for doubles.

If you are going to rule out semiautomatic then your only choice is 12 ga over under!
A decent one will need to have adjustable stock comb and will be around 2k. Go with 30 or 32 inch barrels. Do not go shorter.

I have a BT 99 for trap and the 1100 comp for everything else and I would strongly recommend the new 1100 competition. Mine cost $850 used.

I have a Franchi Alcione that is an over under, but comes with two barrel sets, a 12 and 20 gauge barrels. It is listed in guns for sale, but from months ago.

I am the only owner and it is in great shape. I can email you pictures and more information if you have interest. Single trigger with selector, gold inlay, AA wood, and the 20 gauge barrel set was installed by the factory.

I have reduced my clays shooting and have sold a bunch of over-unders the last few months.

Roger

You need to go to a few matches and see/ask what others are using and what is for sale.

If you rule out the semis then 12 ga O/U is your only choice and you really do not want anything shorter than 30 in the O/U in today's matches.

I would look for adjustable comb and go to shotgun world and look at what is for sale on their classified forums. Otherwise it will not fit for both skeet and trap as both require different fits on the comb for max effectiveness. This is the wrong forum for sure to get the best shotgun deals.

You will need a 12 for trap and probably sporting clays. Lot of skeet shooters are shooting 20 ga for 12 and 20 in skeet.

Buy a Beretta, Browning or similar grade gun with a straighter comb and the adjustable stock. Most will cost you under $2500

IF you really get into it for skeet, you can get a tube set to go with a good O/U for all 4 guages and even find a good used gun with a tube set.

Recent Posts