• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB vortex ranger

Dirtmtrsports

I'm looking for a vortex ranger. Prefer the 1800 but will consider the others. Figured I would check here for quality used first. Let me know what you have. Thanks

I have a Vortex 1000 that I bought in a pinch heading out elk hunting this year. I already own a Nikon and a Leopold but they only work when you bring them. The Vortex is ok because it works. I had no issue with the glass clarity but, I had a bit of an issue occasionally when I was ranging getting the yardage to read. Maybe it was me?
Ii is very light but, the feel of quality is not there for me. Comparing it with the others when I got home, it was consistent and within 1-2 yards when the read was different.
I do like the company and the warranty as I own a few of their products but, I will say like others, buy once. Optics in the field are not anything to go cheap on. Save for another month and buy quality.
If interested, I'll make you a deal on this one in the box....used on one elk hunt!
Be Well.