Wtb triumph bone collector or other

marioq

I am looking for a muzzle loader to buy. I have read and it seems the TC triumph bone collector is the gun to buy. Anyway, figured I would try here to see if someone has one that was thinking of selling and this may push them over the edge…
Let me know what you have.

THanks
Mario

If it was me if get the CVA apex. Adjustable trigger, and you can change the barrel. Not sure what state your in but if you get the 45-70 barrel for it you can have it converted to smokeless and then you'll game a muzzleloader more accurate than any smoke pole.

Have you checked the regs where you will be hunting to see what setup is legal? Some States have restrictions about what features a M-L is allowed to have during the 'primitive' season.

I like Knight myself.

I have looked and anything is legal. I caN use scope and caps in the muzzle loader.
I've not seen the knight. Just don't want to spend a bunch

In in Nevada. Don't know anything about these things. Out in and got drawn for elk in NM so that is why I am looking.

I've been trying for years for one of those tags with no success. I would not "cheap out" on a muzzleloader when you might not get a chance at that tag again for many years.

I would look hard at one of these:

REDEMPTION

LHR Redemption .50 Camo Stock : Black Powder Rifles & Muzzleloader Rifles at GunBroker.com

LHR Redemtion .50 cal 24" blue barrel 209 primer : Black Powder Rifles & Muzzleloader Rifles at GunBroker.com

I bought a Triumph Bone Collector for Dad several years ago. It's a nice muzzleloader, but if I were going to buy one right now it would likely be the LHR Redemption.

I've been trying for years for one of those tags with no success. I would not "cheap out" on a muzzleloader when you might not get a chance at that tag again for many years.

I would look hard at one of these:

REDEMPTION

LHR Redemption .50 Camo Stock : Black Powder Rifles & Muzzleloader Rifles at GunBroker.com

LHR Redemtion .50 cal 24" blue barrel 209 primer : Black Powder Rifles & Muzzleloader Rifles at GunBroker.com

I bought a Triumph Bone Collector for Dad several years ago. It's a nice muzzleloader, but if I were going to buy one right now it would likely be the LHR Redemption.

Whoa......... What a difference between opinions. From the experiences that I've known with the Redemption, I would NEVER recommend one. There's a long story behind this and in short, there are two of them setting in one of our sporting good stores and, they have such loose actions there's no possible way they can be accurate. LHR knew about it, but it took a couple months for them to do anything about it. They then sent screws to fix them, telling the store that they could do it. The store manager wonders, "What the h^&& are screws going to fix!" I know a couple shooters here in MI that bought them and can't get them to group less than 4" at 100yds.

Depending on that state's regulations, if the OP wants to buy a quality production muzzleloader, the T/C Pro Hunter, CVA Apex or Knight. A new semi-custom is being released now by Remington, the Remington Ultimate.

I'm sorry but I would NOT buy a Redemption. So far I have not seen any promising groups from that weapon. It is still fairly new on the market and I wouldn't but it at this time.

It's already been stated that CVA apex Thompson center or Knight ruffles would be the way to go.

I have a friend wanting to get rid of a knight I'll try and figure out what it is again and see what a fair price is.

I have looked and anything is legal. I caN use scope and caps in the muzzle loader.
I've not seen the knight. Just don't want to spend a bunch

The only thing not legal is smokeless powder. It has to be a black powder substitute or black powder itself. So don't buy one of them muzzle loaders that use smokeless powder. They do have "primitive" hunts where no scopes, pellets, etc. but I think those are mainly deer hunts.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.