• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Savage Precision Target Action PTA

ff.hogue

Looking for savage pta that is set up to be barreled in 243 cal. If you have one e-mail me at [email protected]
i am even looking for a new one, either dual port or left port right bolt. cant find one around my home. Thanks
-thomas

Last edited:
give a call to Jim briggs @ Northland Shooters Supply. He is a great guy to deal with and specializes in Savage parts. Here's a link to his ad over on Savageshooters:

Savage Target Actions - In stock for your orders

He also said he has some dual ports on order but dont know when they will arrive.

Jim also has alot of pre-fit Shilen and McGowen barrel in stock, and if you want something he dont have he can order it cheaper than you get get it from the manufacturer. All he has in 243 now is McGowen, but I got a 308 McGowen from him and it shoots outstanding. They are excellent barrels, Id say right on par with Shilen and the others.

"In Stock" Savage Pre-Fits - Shilen and McGowen Barrels - Updated 1/19/09

Hope this helps,

Mike

Also check Fred at Sharp Shooter Supply on Savage shooters, as he buys new actions and times them and sells them for $500. His wait to send an action in for timing is about 1 yr, so see if he has one ready to go now.

BH

wow. thanks for the info but i have found everyone online who buys them locally can get them for $370-400 so that is quite a bit more than im willing to pay. thanks for the response though.

oh ok. Well unfortunatley that cuts a little to far into my allotted funds, as im wanting to see how cheaply i can build this rifle, with basically factory available parts and no "custom" modification. I believe i can have a nice rifle otd for under 1k without scope. that extra $100 for timing puts me over budget. Thanks for the info though!

Dealer cost through Jerry's is $394.00 plus shipping to an FFL, plus ffl mark-up of 10%. So expect to pay a minimum of $440. Ask who ever gave you those prices, to get you one for less than $400 and I'm sure he'll back pedal really fast.

I only build on that action after the reciever face and lug abutments have been squared, and the bolt face trued to take out it's taper. If Fred is doing that along with the timeing $500 is a steal. If your not having the reciever face squared expect the recoil lug to teater on the high spot, I've measured them with up to
.005" TIR