• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Savage LA Stock for my 116 300RUM

WTB: Savage LA Stock for my 116 300RUM, Mine is warped up front and I would need to take to much of to get the correct free float.

Which Savage 116 did you get? I am thinking about a Weather Warrior 116FSAK in 300 RUM or maybe the laminated stock version.

These guys have some interesting stocks for a good price:

Savageshooters.com

Doug

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited by: dwm ]

That is what I have, I love it but I need a different stock, so I just ordered a Bell & Carlson DuraMaxx Stock...Those are nice stock but the one I just ordered from Midway only cost 89.00

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited by: fmsniper ]
47b4dd09b3127ccebb3735c3654e0000001610

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited by: fmsniper ]

Hey, fmsniper, That's a nice looking rifle. Do you by chance have any short mag cases laying around? I want to know if a 7MM SAUM or 7MM WSM case will function properly in the Savage long action mag well.

This would really help me out if you could stuff a couple in the mag well and see if they pop out unexpectedly. Also check if they feed ok.

I want to build a 7MM WSM based on a long action and I am thinking the Savage would be the easiest and cheapest way to get there.

Buy the Savage 116FSAK in 300 RUM sell the barrel, buy a new barrel from SS with muzzle brake, screw it on, headspace it, tighten the nut and away I go. No middle man to pay and no waiting.

Or I could keep the 300 RUM barrel since I have (250) 300 RUM Federal primed cases ...

Doug

Maybe I should just buy a lathe and get it over with.

[ 03-28-2004: Message edited by: dwm ]