• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB -- Savage Heavy .308 Barrel

I am looking for a Savage .308 heavy barrel. I would like a factory one, but I am open to other options too.

I appreciate your help!

--Matt

IoL,

I guess I don't know. It is a 110 FP pre accu-trigger with the flat backed receiver. It is currently wearing a .223 Rem Barrel....

Which one do I need? (In case you haven't guessed, I am new to this....)

Thanks!
--Matt

I'm not an expert by any means I just know what I have. I would assume since it is a .223 bolt face it's probably a small shank but that maybe a dumb assumption. Any way you could measure the diameter where the barrel screws in?

you have a small shank barrel. youll need a new barrel, new bolt head and a headspace gauge. and may i suggest, if you haven't already, replace the original recoil lug with an aftermarket precession ground recoil lug from midwayusa.com. i did this after the fact and i shrank my groups buy 1/8". not bad for a 35$ investment. im currently getting 1" 100 yard 10 shot groups with load development 308 loads. Good luck!

I asked around and I think that I am going to go for a Douglas barrel from Sharpshooters Supply.

--Matt