• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Remington 700 short action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texote

Or an inexpensive remington 700 rifle. 243 would be preffered. Gonna try my first build in 22-243.

thanks

I have a completely trued 700 action built on a new blued action. I also have a few used short actions that have not been trued up yet. I will true them up or sell them factory specs. I am a custom rifle builder and use the tried and true Tannel system. I hand cut the threads to .010 over and re-cut the lug face and receiver face. Then I cut the bolt face and bolt lugs and true up the nose. My work will produce an action that is true to within .001 or less. I also can bush the firing pin hole and re-drill to .060. Another upgrade is to ream the receiver raceway to .705 and then put bushings on the bolt that are elliptical and measure .704. The bolt will run smooth as silk and lock up tight as a tic. E-mail me for more info, questions and pricing. I can send pics of my work so you can see what I do. There are several people on this sight that have rifles built by me. The last two were a 300 RUM that is shooting in the low 2's and a 6BR shooting in the 1's. Both are built on Remington 700's with magazine feed. Thanks Shep

Status
Not open for further replies.