• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Remington 700 in .17/.221 Fireball

Just as the title says, looking for a Remington 700 in both the .17 and .221 Fireball. I'd like to get one of each, to be honest. Don't care about wood stock, synthetic, laminated, etc. Open to all Remmy's, but would prefer one that has NOT had tons of custom work done to it. I know these are getting harder to find, but I am still having a hard time believing they are worth ($1500-$1800) like GunBroker.com would have you believe. Please email me or PM me. I can send you my cell number to send pics to also.

I am located in Wyoming. If you're not local (and you probably aren't), you must be willing to ship to a local FFL.

Last edited:
I have an xp100 that was made into a 17 machIV, which is basically a 17 fireball.
It has a 24" krieger bbl [no longer offered highly recommended] McMilan bench rest stock. Just ordered 200 lapua brass 100 Rem 17 fireball ammo. Was going to strip it down to make another specialty pistol but got laid off and decided to hold off. Let me know if you are interested.

SemperFi

I have an xp100 that was made into a 17 machIV, which is basically a 17 fireball.
It has a 24" krieger bbl [no longer offered highly recommended] McMilan bench rest stock. Just ordered 200 lapua brass 100 Rem 17 fireball ammo. Was going to strip it down to make another specialty pistol but got laid off and decided to hold off. Let me know if you are interested.

SemperFi

Hey man, thanks for the reply! Sorry to hear about your misfortune with employment. I'm not so much interested in the gun, but if you're willing to part ways with the brass/ammo, I would be interested. PM me if you are.

At this time, I have closed a deal for a .17 Fireball. I am still looking for a .221 however. Thanks for all the interest and kind people on this forum!