• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED wtb remage barrels

vegas steve

looking for remington heavy barrels that are machined to use the barrel nut like a savage, hence the name remage. let me know what u guys have or where i can find one thanx.

Jim Briggs at Northland Shooters Supply sells the remage in CBI (criterion) or you can have any heavy barrel cut down by a good gunsmith and rethreaded with 1.062"x16 tpi without reshouldering it.

you can always reduce the diameter of a factory barrel to 1.060 ahead of the existing tenon.... the bore diameter will grow where you take the heaviest part of the cut......but the remainder of the barrel should be OK. You'd need to pick the threads and extend them at least the depth of the threads in the nut.

Last edited:
For what you'd be taking off the barrel it would be hard to imagine any part of the bore growing. Plus the fact you're taking it off directly over the chamber so in the end the size reduction shouldn't matter much.

What I did recently as an experiment was put a 30-06 Remington take-off between centers, turn the shank down to approx 1.120" and then thread for the Savage large shank barrel nut (final thread was a tad undersize at 1.112 x 20 tpi but still within 3A thread classification). The barrel nut fits over the original Remington threads and allows someone a much cheaper option than spending $65 on a Pac-Nor barrel nut. Admittedly the threads aren't exactly the same but in the end it doesn't really matter and still accomplishes the goal. It worked out pretty well I would say. I'm just a beginning lathe operator though so the threads aren't 100% perfect but I was very happy with the result. As a word of caution...the Savage "blue" barrel nut isn't blue, it's gray. If I were to do this for myself I'd just use the regular barrel nut in stainless but that's just me.

BP

Attachments

• DSCN2439b.jpg
    DSCN2439b.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN2454b.jpg
    DSCN2454b.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
i'm just looking to buy a remage barrel that is ready to headspace to the action.not looking to turn it into a big machining project.

It's not really that big of a project. A local guy could probably do it in under an hour for $50 bucks or so, throw that together with a $15 barrel nut and you're set. Headspace could be adjusted a little bit too...

Best of luck in your search and take care!

BP

Steve, I think your only choice given your criteria is Northland Shooters Supply. I've found Jim Briggs easy to deal with. I never had a point to argue. He's got most of the common cartridges in stock. I've bought 3 barrels from him and do not believe i ever waited 10 days for one. He has the nuts and wrenches. You will have to get the headspace gauges yourself. I like Forster. Real nice folks and helpful as you'll ever need.
Hope this helps with your dilemna

John