• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Rem.788 bolt

DANNY-L

Im looking for a complete bolt assembly for a Rem.788 RH bolt for 308win. A friend of mine whose dad died kept this rifle at his camp,he hid the bolt and mag.and didnt tell anyone where it was hid,its been 2years and they still havent been able to find it. Any idea as to where one could be found?

Gun Parts Corp or watch Gunbroker would be cheapest aside from Remington.

make sure you chk the headspace b4 firing it with a replacement bolt lightbulb

If the 788 belonged to my dad and I inherited it, It would go back to Remington to be fitted for a replacement bolt. Then it would find a place of honor in my collection. I think it is well worth it because it is now a family heirloom. Good luck. The 788 always was a better shooter than their flagship 700 series, that's why it was discontinued, it sold better and hurt the 700 sales. Take care.

For God so loved the world he didn't send a Congressional committee

olcrip you are exactly right,that is what he,s going to do once it gets all back together.

You can check with Wisners as well. Last I knew, they were fitting replacement bolts that they manufactured. They were super spendy (something like $400), but if it's worth it to you, it's worth it to you.

Im looking for a complete bolt assembly for a Rem.788 RH bolt for 308win. A friend of mine whose dad died kept this rifle at his camp,he hid the bolt and mag.and didnt tell anyone where it was hid,its been 2years and they still havent been able to find it. Any idea as to where one could be found?

That's a bummer! Have you given thought to finding someone that owns a high end metal detector. A good unit and proficient operator can distinguish different metals and the size of the object being sought.

He owned several camps and 2 homes soe of which has been sold. It makes one wonder what else may he had put in his hiding spot.

Youre going to laugh maybe but try this if you want to find the original. Borrow a good Metal Detector and sweep the whole place with it. Thats how crooks find guns all the time at hunting camps according to my friend. They can sweep all the usualy hiding places including all the walls in no time. Dont forget the outhouse if there is one. Good luck!

dave

thanks,I'll run that by him and see if he knows which camp it may be in cause some has been sold but you would think it would be in the same one the rifle was kept in.