• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wtb rem 700 long range, savage lrh or sako a7

Codyhuntsaz

Just like the ad says. Prefer 7mm or 300 win mag maybe even 300 rum. New or used. If used they need to be in great/like new condition. I'm trying to set up a long range gun and this is my 1st time. Budget is limited as I will be buying scope etc. down the road. If you have a package rifle/scope let me know too, worst I can say is no. Open to other makes and models too...send em all.

Thanks Cody

My shooting/hunting partner has two Sako m75 for sale that are in great condition. Text or call 208-317-7415

Assume you want the LR or Varmint version of that Sako A7, which is similar the the 700 and Savages you are asking for. The normal A7 is not set up as LR friendly OTB.

For someone trying to go LR on the cheap, this isn't a bad way, but as I've done the same using a Sako 75 & Browning A-bolt, both in 7RM, I must say while it can be done, both of mine shoot sub MOA to 800, it's hard to get the velocity you want, hard to get the real high BC bullets like 175/180 .284's to shoot well or even fit using factory guns, and they tend to be verd dependant on precise reloading formula/technique. Man was that a run on sentence.

You might find that instead of trying to save $$ with this tact now, and spend an extra $500+ burning out a barrel fine tuning, maybe go semi-custom. Rem or Savage action, $200 B&C medalist stock bedded, and pick up a good $400 barrel and get it properly chambered by a good smith who is likely to give you a starting load that will shoot sub moa day one.

Now, if you really like doing load development, then by all means.

PS I think and A7 in the config you want could be had brand new from Cabela's when they have a sale pretty close to that $1k mark.