• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB New Nosler Brass 300RUM

nosler brass

What is wrong with nosler I have heard Remington is thicker and better for reload is that the reason. need to know I am in the market for 300 rum brass also .

Nosler Brass issues

Guys,

I think what Roy means is that Nosler brass, in my direct experience, has produced and sold at least one lot of very soft brass in 300 RUM, so soft that after two loadings of a (not maximum) load, the primer pocket was too loose to reload.... ala my previous questions on brass, particularly the comments on its softness. If you run a search for my previous posts, you will get a little info, or do a broader search for nosler and you will get a bit of info.

EZ

Guys,

I think what Roy means is that Nosler brass, in my direct experience, has produced and sold at least one lot of very soft brass in 300 RUM, so soft that after two loadings of a (not maximum) load, the primer pocket was too loose to reload.... ala my previous questions on brass, particularly the comments on its softness. If you run a search for my previous posts, you will get a little info, or do a broader search for nosler and you will get a bit of info.

EZ

Yep, that's what I meant! Plus the necks were too thin to provide any nect tension when I went from 300 RUM to 270 AM in the custom dies.

Are you saying that Nosler has since changed their brass?

Are you saying that Nosler has since changed their brass?

No, I wouldn't characterize my statements as saying that Nosler has changed their brass - I don't know. I have two different lots of brass cases for 300 RUM, one of which is much softer than the other. Thus, I am giving Nosler the benefit of the doubt, that instead of producing uniformly soft and unusable brass, that instead their QC department let a lot of very soft brass out the door. I would assume that Nosler has to be aware of this, and it is too expensive to replace or recall the soft lot. In fact, it is very possible that as you contend, most if not all of Nosler brass is too soft and is not acceptable, but I don't have direct experience to back that kind of statement up, to the contrary, the two 50 count boxes I have bought show a varying degree of softness for the brass. I guess you have to figure out the lesser evil of the two - did Nosler let out a bad lot of brass, or do they just not know anything about brass cases for reloaders?

EZ