• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED wtb hodgdon retumbo powder

Powder must be shipped as a hazardous material and it is quite an ordeal and cost to get the proper permits in order to do this. You cannot legally ship without this.

Powder must be shipped as a hazardous material and it is quite an ordeal and cost to get the proper permits in order to do this. You cannot legally ship without this.

Hazmat is $28 and can you apply a few stickers to a box?

Hazmat is $28 and can you apply a few stickers to a box?
Nope, shipping hazmat material requires special certification training,computer generated hazmat labels, the right type of shipping boxes plus a few other things if I remember right. (I'm a ups driver).

Guess you would know then. UPS SOP vary by location?

Regarding my experience, I have shipped powder a few times via UPS (Bozeman and Missoula, MT) and it was as simple as simple gets. And no I did not 'hide' that I was shipping powder.

Additionally, I have receive powder via UPS and the shipping box has always been a regular shipping box with the additional form attached to the outside of the box.

Fairchase - certain types of cardboard boxes are not allowed to ship hazardous materials in. While an approved box may seem like a "normal" box there are certain requirements and not all cardboard boxes meet those requirements.

The UPS requirements are the same anywhere you go. You might get away with it if you don't tell them what you are shipping and do not label the box but it is certainly not worth the risk to me. Fines are in the 1,000's of dollars

While it may seem like it is just a simple sticker on the box, it takes quite a bit of money ($250 just to take the test) time, training, etc to become an approved hazardous shipper in order to get those stickers.

Do some searching on Google about this, or even better yet go to the UPS or FedX web site and read about shipping hazardous materials.