• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB Help

I liked the shorter profile, illuminated reticle, FFP, 11 yard to infinity parallax adjustment, zero stop turret, class leading 8 times magnification, weight & LIFETIME WARRANTY.

I talked to various Precision Rifle Shooters with heavy backgrounds in hunting that shoot every day. These guys swear by Nightforce and said that this scope was the do everything optic. I asked the same questions you are asking and did extensive research in stores, online, etc. I've yet to hear, see or read anything negative about the NX8. Essentially it is an NXS in a smaller, lighter chassis at a more reasonable price. If the NX8 did not exist, the NXS would have been my choice.

In regards to FFP & SFP. I have a Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 mounted on a Custom 416 Remington Magnum. Same reticle as the NX8 but is a SFP. It is a Big Dangerous Game rifle, most of which will be shot at close range (inside of 200 yards). Because I will be shooting everything at closer ranges I won't have to worry about yardage change at different magnifications. The field of view and the clarity of the glass at 3x all the way to 10x is why I choose to go that route. Most dangerous game rifles are mounted with 1-4, 1-6, 2-8 magnification optics and I just didn't like those options because the field of view was limiting.

When I'm shooting an animal at 300-500 yards I will most likely have the scope dialed in to 14-16x, after the first shot goes down range I hate having to zoom back out in order to get back on target or find the animal. Lets say the animal is out past those yardages, at 20x magnification the field of view will be big enough to were I will be able to get on target without much hesitation should my first shot be marginal. Also, with FFP the reticle is very fine at the lowest magnification and when you start to dial in to the middle/upper end of the magnification that reticle starts to increase in thickness. IMO that really opens up the field view.

The internet is great because you can get a ton of information with the push of a few buttons. Life experience is about exactly that, get to the establishments that carry all the different scopes your considering and compare them side by side in the flesh. The correlation of i formation derived from the web and your hands on assessment will confirm which direction you decide to go. I've had buyer's remorse in the past on products of this caliber but not the NX8. Have not missed a wink of sleep over hitting the submit order button for my scope!

Add Burris & Nikon to the list of Lifetime Warranty group!

Burris Veracity is a fantastic optic (one some big awards)! When Burris and Steiner teamed up, the quality of glass in the Burris scopes went from average to exceptional!

Buy used off of one of these boards. If dont like it you can sell it and lose little money. You're just renting it to try out! Send it down the road and find the next one. Thing of it as dating bf you marry!

I started researching zeiss today. I didnt see anything with 30mm tube that had a range of 3-18x50. Unless im wrong about that zeiss is out.

Add Burris & Nikon to the list of Lifetime Warranty group!

Burris Veracity is a fantastic optic (one some big awards)! When Burris and Steiner teamed up, the quality of glass in the Burris scopes went from average to exceptional!

Lifetime warranty yes, but no fault policy? ? ? Only vortex

Where did you do your research on Zeiss???? Zeiss Conquest V6 specs!! Made in Germany, 30 mm tube. 3-18x50, etc. etc.Think you are confusing a lot of us on here and some great people have given you valuable advice. 5 pages worth. Buy a dam scope!