• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB - Forster Co-Ax Press

BaconFat

After reading as many articles online as I can find and watching some videos I have decided I'd like to get a Forster press. Only problem is my "Want" is larger than my pocketbook and a new press is way over my budget. So I'm hoping someone has one of these presses that they are no longer using or maybe never used.

After reading as many articles online as I can find and watching some videos I have decided I'd like to get a Forster press. Only problem is my "Want" is larger than my pocketbook and a new press is way over my budget. So I'm hoping someone has one of these presses that they are no longer using or maybe never used.

Good luck -- I saw one on flea-Bay go for more than some places ask for a new one about a month ago.

They will pop up... you're a day late as I just sold mine yesterday for $230+shipping. I had a PM on another site in I believe 47 seconds saying that the person would be taking it. It only had 100rds loaded on it too!

They pop up, just keep your eyes peeled. I didn't need mine as it wasn't my go to anymore and I figured someone else could better use it. I got a deal on it, so I sold it at one as well.

These press's hold their value, so if you find one for less than $200.00 be careful as it might have a problem.
I last three that sold on e-bay went from 225 to 255 for an older Bananza B1.
I think a new one is $265.00 at Midway.

Good Luck

Dave

My press is not for sale, but when you get one, I really think you will enjoy it. I had only loaded on RCBS presses, and while they are decent presses, I must say my Forster is now my absolute "GO TO" press. Forster's may not be the best press in a benchrest situation, but for an all around press, they are great.... Bob.

I love mine.

As a suggestion - you will probably want a "regular" press for pulling bullets as well as if you ever use the Magnum Collet Resizing die from Larry Willis. I picked up an inexpensive used second press for this and use it somewhat regularly. Sometimes you'll make the wrong load, or disassemble loads that you don't want or need anymore. The regular style press works better for this in my experience.

This was not the kind of response I was expecting. People offering good, solid advise which gave me reason to rethink my purchase plan. For that I say, "Thanks guys". I appreciate the useful comments which helped me change my mind.

Looks like all the online sellers are out of stock. So I just placed a backorder with Sinclair, who had the best price, and will just wait until it shows up.

Look at Cabelas. I got mine when everybody else was out by calling Cabelas stores and finding one on the shelf. They held it for me and I went and picked it up. If a Cabelas store is too far to drive they can mail it to you. Actually I got mine for "free". I traded in some extra *** nagants during their gun buyback deals/days and walked out with a Co-ax. Hope you find one.

Ok guys, somebody tell me what I'm missing here. I've spoke with a few of you on the forum in the past about the Forester Co-Ax and was under the impression it was a $400-$500 press. Am I out of my mind here? Are there different models?

Ok guys, somebody tell me what I'm missing here. I've spoke with a few of you on the forum in the past about the Forester Co-Ax and was under the impression it was a $400-$500 press. Am I out of my mind here? Are there different models?

What is currently marketed is the single model Co-Ax Press Model B3. Forster's MSRP is in that neighborhood but most retail sources are around 2/3 of that price.

List price on Forster's website is $428, on Natchez Shooting Supply its $281 and out of stock. As I recall, Natchez had them a month or so ago, might have been someone else, but I think it was them.

Sure glad I didn't pay $500 for one a few months back. I searched around a little on the web and that's what I was seeing. Guess I'd better look in the right places. Thanks LRH! I love this place!!!

FYI, having called them before I know that Forster makes batches of this press a few times a year. As a result, there is often a backorder status from most resellers until the next batch is made.

When I bought mine a year ago it was on backorder but I still received it a week or so later. Don't be discouraged by having to order it this way.