• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Action, barrel, stock, from low to high $

iggy1965

I going to build my first rifle and would like to know what parts to use. I would like to know from low, mid, high price range for actions, barrels, stocks. I really do not have a big budget, but i am a patient person, if need i will save and get what i want.
Also like suggestions on cal. for long range shooting targets and hunting.

I have shot a 300 wsm savage accutrigger and liked it, but i see many do not like the accutrigger. Can some tell me more details why?lightbulb

Last edited:
I going to build my first rifle and would like to know what parts to use. I would like to know from low, mid, high price range for actions, barrels, stocks. I really do not have a big budget, but i am a patient person, if need i will save and get what i want.
Also like suggestions on cal. for long range shooting targets and hunting.

I have shot a 300 wsm savage accutrigger and liked it, but i see many do not like the accutrigger. Can some tell me more details why?lightbulb

Factory actions that work well: Rem 700, Win 70, Savage. As many smiths will tell you, by the time you pay them to blueprint your action, you are just as well off by buying a custom action clone, most of which are 700 clones. These include Surgeon, Lawton, Stiller (least expensive), Borden, Phoenix, BAT, Nesika, and many more. You won't go wrong with a Stiller.

Stocks: McMillan, Manner, MPI, H-S Precision (don't let anyone tell you the HS Precision won't work on a custom gun b/c it will. I have several), and if you can get one, a Rimrock from Borden. There are many more and someone will chime in hopefully.

Barrels: Well, you can list by name or by style, i.e., cut rifle v. button. From the button line, I like Hart, Broughton, Lilja, Shilen, LW, and PacNor. From the cut rifled bbls: Obermeyer is probably the top name, then Krieger, Bartlein, Rock (less known, but a kickass barrel, can't go wrong), Brux, and lots of others.

I will tell you from experience that the Russian style rifling DOES make a difference when cleaning and with regards to fouling. My 30 cal 11T stainless Obermeyer 5R cleaned so easily after about 75 rounds, you'd think it only had about 8-10 rounds through it. And, to date, it's had only about 125 through it all together. You can get a 5R cut rifled bbl from Obermeyer (if you are lucky) and Bartlein....not sure who else. Broughton offers a canted land, which is an "R" style on one side of the land only. These bbls are apparently second to none according to many.

What happens when you ask questions like this, you will get a lot of subjective/objective responses and it really boils down to each shooter's experiences and what you will find winning at the bench competitions. Plus, you have brand loyalty.

Good luck with your project.

If you are interested i would make you a good deal on action and stock. I have a brand new take off matte rem 700 it is a adl long action mag bolt face i purchased new bottom metal spring and follower. The stock is a sendero S.F.II it has been painted in olive green and tan it has a devensive edge cheek piece. I would take 600 shipped for both items. Here are some pics
DSCN0147.jpg

DSCN0146.jpg

DSCN0144.jpg

1231897728.jpg

1231897725.jpg

1231897722.jpg

Last edited: