• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 6.5x284 rifle

natureboy52

wtb 6.5x284 that shoots. 1.medium to heavy sporter 2. long action 3. 26"-28" barrel 4. 8 to 8.5 twist. Prefer stainless steel w/muzzelbrake but not necessary. I realize this is a shot in the dark. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dWeller- thank you very much for the info. It is a beautiful gun. Anybody out there have one a little lighter in a sporter style stock?
Many thanks, dWeller

"any man who rents pigs is hard to stop" Augustus McCray

I have a 6.5x284 custom built on a Remington long ADL action 26" Rock Creek I would sell for $1,500 plus shipping. It has less than 200 rounds down the barrel and shoots the 140 Berger very well. I was not planning to selling this one, but I am out of work so I guess I should sell some of my guns. The barrel is like a Remington magnum weight. The trigger is a remington that has been adjusted to a nice crisp hunting weight. It is tight necked .292, so brass has to be turned for it. It has an H S Precision hunting stock that is camo. If you want pictures, email me at [email protected] . Ken

Last edited:
scooterbear--Thanks very much for the reply. I'm really looking for more of a sporter configuation but with a 26" to28" barrel. That's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack. I'm looking for something to shoot in 6.5x284 for now because don't want to wait until I learn enough to know exactly what I want in a custom gun, order it, then wait a year while the custom smith has it.
I am totally new to LR shooting and hunting. Have never reloaded but plan on getting the equipment and learning.
Glad you hear from another Miss. boy. I live in DeSoto co. We are so far north that most folks consider us yankees.
Thanks again for the response