• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 6.5 x 284 action for build.

NHGriff

Time for some spring cleaning folks!

Looking for either a winchester or Rem 700 action for a build. I'll take a complete rifle but all I'm really looking for is the action. It will need to be in a caliber that will support the 6.5 x 284 cartridge length when loaded with 142gr bullet.

Thanks for looking through your basement and garage shelves!

Are you looking for a long action or short action, will it be a SS or repeater? I have a Rem SA blued action 308 boltface, if you are interested. Thanks Greg

Greg,
I'm open to either a repeater or a SS, however since this will be mostly a hunting gun I would think a repeater would be helpful for back up shots. It's not a dangerous game rifle so it's not completely necessary though. I'll let you know on the short action, I don't think I could feed 6.5 x .284 in that action though with 142 grain bullets. Can someone else comment?

I'll also check with my smith to see but I thought that the rem short action is too short to extract that round.

Jim

Depends on what your OAL is, but worst case scenario if you were to try and eject a loaded round you'd have to pull the bolt... If you find a good deal on a SA you might wanna look into a 260ai, ballistics are rt there with a 6.5x284....