• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB .224 bullets 50-55gr

opie5500

I am looking for some bullets to try in my swift. I have shot 50 grain Nosler Ballistic tips and 55 grain V-Maxes, both with RL-15 and Varget, and haven't found a good combo yet. Doesn't have to be a full box, just looking for some options. I have reloaded some before but far from an expert so any wisdom would be appreciated aswell!! I shoot a Rem 700 VSSF with a 1-14'' twist. Thanks

Get some 55 gr ballistic tips and some H380. My go to load was 38 gens of H380 at a COAL of 2.680 using CCI BR2 primers. Shot awesome out of my Sendero.

H380 and 4064 was going to be my next two options if these didn't work. My COAL is shooting best at 2.715 which is .40 off the lands. I have shoot them from right at the lands to .60 off, just couldn't get a group under 1/2'' and I know the gun will shoot better than that. It is my first time loading for my swift, and i didn't think it would be that picky on bullets. I shot some 52gr sierra HP bullets a guy had loaded up for P dogs and they shot a small bughole group, I am in the process to find out what powder he used in them. Would the A-Maxes work on coyoyes or just for paper?

I have two boxes of 52gr sierra bthp matchkings and I might have some others I will have to check

I would really like to try some 52gr A-Maxes or 53gr V-Maxes. When I find out what dullet and powder combo I shot the other day I may take you up on the 52gr Sierras. I will shoot you a PM in a few days. Thanks for the help!!

Anybody else have some straggler bullets laying around? I just want some for load testing, anywhere from 10-100 bullets would be fine

Are you looking for loaded bullets or bullet heads ?
I have a box77 .224 Speer 55gr Spitzer heads. I have had 3 different 22/250's and these have been my best head all around

Looking for just the bullet, i would really like to try 52 gr A- Max's or 53gr V-Max's. I shot 50 and 55gr bullets through it but didn't get the results I wanted. I thought mabye somebody on here would have a partial box or something I could buy, and it would keep me from buying a box of 100 just to try