• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB ---- 110 Savage Stock

ntg

I got a little cash from my bday that I'm thinking of putting towards a stock for a savage 110 that I'm in the process of building. It's a stagger feed, top bolt release, blind mag, and RH action.

I've heard good about the discontinued B&C Duramaxx as well as the Medalist.

I'm open to suggestions if you don't have one to sell.

Anyways...tell me what you'd suggest and/or what you got. Thanks in advance.

Anyone have a Choate? Tell me what you liked about it? I've been looking at the Ultimate Sniper.

I have a lot of savages and you really cant go wrong with a Boyds stock. I really like the looks and feel of their pro varmint model. Bed the action and float the barrel and its good to go at 1/3 of the cost of the others. I also really like the prairie hunter stocks and prefer laminates over plastic.

Thanks, Stomp. I keep coming back to that pro varmint model. I'd do it in royal jacarda or pepper color. Do you put pillars in your boyds' stocks before bedding it or just bed it and go?

Also, it'd be nice to know the width of the forearm and the weight of the pro varmint boyds stock.

I've got a Stockade Prairie Dog Special and a Woodchuck I'd sell you, both are LA centerfeed stocks, but they should work with a staggerfeed, you may just need to open the mag box area of the stock some.

Hard to beat boyds for the money. i put pillars in them and bed them and the do their job. I have the featherweight the varmint tumble and the prairie and i would order the prairie with adjustability cheek piece Make some brass pillars out of pipe fitting nipple abs bed it with a good compound and your good. Only problem with the way they come is the front action hole has a plastic spacer in it so drill that out and replace it with a flat washer and bed it in as well . Hope this helps

That gives you a adjustable stock for under 200 dollars that works great and looks great

I've done quite a few of them now if you have questions pm me your phone number I'll help you out

I would be a good option but they don't make it for a savage 110 I don't believe

wow, after all these years I did not know that. Thanks for bringing me up to speed. I have often thought about a Boyd stock. It would be a fun project, they look good too.

Here is my 111 in Boyd's Tacticool. I got impatient and shot it before doing the bedding, and split the stock at the rear screw. You can see the crack in the wood in the after pic. To repair it I hogged out a slot between the pillar and the mag cutout and embedded a piece of coarse thread wood screw cross-wise in the bedding compound. Holding fine after almost 500 rounds. The paint job is four colors of Krylon, with Clearcoat to keep the wear from smudging the color boundaries. Ain't another like it in captivity...
As for specifications, I have a new Tacticool sitting on my bench right now for my next build, 3 pounds even with Limbsaver pad (I got a custom length of pull 14.25 inches and the pad done by Boyds), the stock measures 10.75 inches from the center of the front action screw to the tip of the fore-end. The flats on top at the tip are 1 and 5/8 inch wide edge to edge, the "beaver-tail-ish" part is about 2.25 inches wide. The finished rifle in the pictures weighs 12 lbs with everything except the bipod. Barrel is PacNor 6 contour with their "micro-flutes", 26 inches w/o brake to give you some idea what to expect to have to carry around. The one I am about to do will be a twin except for color, I won't decide that until I'm nearly done.

Attachments

• Completion! 001.JPG
    Completion! 001.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DIY Savage paint and assembly 7.19.14 003.JPG
    DIY Savage paint and assembly 7.19.14 003.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DIY Savage paint and assembly 7.19.14 004.JPG
    DIY Savage paint and assembly 7.19.14 004.JPG
    108.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Breaking in the 280AI 001.JPG
    Breaking in the 280AI 001.JPG