WSSM wildcat

33nos

Are there any WSSM wildcats that have a case length under 1.4 inches?

To qualify for use as a pistol hunting cartridge in Illinois, the bottle neck cartridge must be 30 caliber or larger and have a case length not to exceed 1.4 inches.

thanks

I plan on building a Remington 700 or Savage bolt action based pistol. A lot of guys are using 300 blk out AR based pistols

I'm trying to find a round with some horsepower that fits the requirements for a pistol. Only because that's the only hunting category a bottleneck cartridge is allowed. Otherwise it's only shotguns or muzzleloaders. It makes no sense, but that's Illinois.

So I saw the cartridge length of the wssm is 1.6 and I was hoping there may be a wildcat that shortened the case a little bit. Similar to turning a 5.56 case into a 300 blk out case.

For handguns, a bottleneck centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger with a case length not exceeding 1.4 inches, or a straight-walled centerfire cartridge of .30 caliber or larger, both of which must be available as a factory load with the published ballistic tables of the manufacturer showing a capability of at least 500 foot pounds of energy at the muzzle. Note: There is no case length limit for straight-walled cartridges.

Why not chamber any of the great straight wall stuff. You'll be way ahead of the bottleneck BS. I'd take a 445 super mag all day or 450 BM.

Definaly a lot more straight wall cartridges to choose from. That 445 super mag looks pretty badass. I have a 450 BM, which I love.