Wsm rifle

short mags are sales gimmicks-- what will the 270 wsm do that a 270 winchester will not do?
what will a 7mm short mag do that a 280AI won't do.
what will a 300 wsm do that a 30/06 AI won't do. or get destroyed by the 300 win. what will the 338 rem rum do tha a 338 win won't do
the 375 rum should have been on the 8mm mag or 416 rem mag case foolish disign.
all are just sales gimmicks.

NONE of that made sense and lacks some serious experience!!

I really wondered why they went 6.5x300, but with the intro of the RPM it makes sense why they stayed away from the 6.5x257Wby. Still don't know why Winchester has not gone 6.5WSM?

They did it to compete with the 26 Nosler I believe.

Mrjashu the 6.5creed will never die. The us military is replacing the 308 sniper Rifles with 6.5creeds. They say the 308 effective range is 800 meters and the Creed is 1200 meters. The Creed is not going anywhere but up.

Have to put this edit. It does say sniper support weapon. That's the rifle the spotter carries. Who is still a sniper.

Shep

Wooooooosh!

My point was that the data presented was obviously old because 6.5cm (one of the most popular chamberings right now) wasn't even on the list. The poster of that list was using it to draw the conclusion that since 300wsm wasn't on the list, it must be dead. I attempted to use humor to point out that it might be a flawed conclusion.

For the record I own a 6.5cm, a 270wsm and just had a 300wsm re-barreled to a 7 saum.
I like all cartridges.

Winchester 70 300wsm is "my" rifle for the last 20 years. Smooth like butter. I shoot Nosler 150's, 165's and 180's, BT and AB, OTC and handloads. Lucy never even thought about having a feeding issue, she told me so. And she's definitely going to outlive me. But I've been dreaming of a 270wsm build for awhile, getting closer. I think winchester hit it out of the park with the 3 smallest wsm's. There are definitely cartridges that can do "more" but not necessarily better, and each of those is special in their own way, but top to bottom, left to right, I'll take a wsm over their counterparts(not taking anything away from other cartridges, I like almost all of them in one way or another). Understand, I'm not a LR shooter, reloading guru, or a balistician, just a guy that likes to hunt.

I'm having a .300 WSM barrel built that will go on a defiance XM action. Anyone tell me the OAL, not CBTO, of this round with a 215 grain Berger hybrid seated so boattail/shank junction is at the case shoulder/neck junction?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.