Writer Needed - Long Range On A Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about a article like this is I feel it needed to be more then just "wrote" It needs to be demonstrated buy what you have bought Or at least what you have now (but bought previously) but what it costs now NEW.

In other words it need to more then just a article but needed to be put into action by the one writing it demonstrating how With all new components and factory ammo the rig can and will perform out to at least 1000 yards. I feel words on paper are not good enough for a article like this. We have to many of those out there already. well in theory with this combination you could do this or that. it needs to be proved and shown in the article. IMHO that what set a normal run of the mill (in theory) magazine article apart form a well put together with facts article.

I agree the writer needs to have some actual budget builds and dollars to back that up. Been building budget based long range rifles for several years to keep cost low and time constraints minimal. I have some higher end builds to compare against as well. Define what budget and accuracy expectations are and write away

I would go so far as to say it should be done with all Box stock items. Most beginners will not build a rifle. And those that do let the smith do the work and all of a sudden things get high priced quick.

Define budget. Are you talking about bargain basement or a working man self built LR hunting rifle? I'm currently putting together the latter. I have insight into the sometimes frustrating process of deciding what to build, how to achieve my goal, and the compromises made along the way.
This is a project currently in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.