WOW- USPS priority mail is MESSED UP !!!!!!

Well Kirby sent me a package from Montana via fed ex on Thursday. I was still out of town for work so he went ground. It arrived today in Michigan.
I avoid the usps like the plague. Only time I use them is flat rate boxes when I ship friends targets. 50lbs of steel for a flat rate is a deal. Lol

Sent a money order to Nebraska, showed up in a plastic bag over a month later torn up. Bought a tool shipped two day Priority from Wisconsin, showed up 16 days late. USPS tracking has gone haywire.

Lol dec 22nd if I were you I would expect it at the end of the month.

I sent a barrel to a member and he barrels to me. Both shipments are scheduled to show up Thursday. I'm watching tracking via text notices. Will see.....

I'll say I've had trouble with all of them. Usps is the worst but the others do it too, in fact ups has had a primer shipment from ole Larry for 2 weeks now and it's stuck in a hub somewhere. ETA was Saturday before last

yep, people blame USPS -slow moving parcels is not just USPS alone - i have had slow shipments from ups and fedex - it is what it is..... i wouldnt blame it on bad working practices, blame it on the sheer amount of volume from ecommerce.

people in this day and age are pretty darn impatient (no one specifically) if we can remember these are normal people working their butts off we should give them a little slack.

yep, people blame USPS -slow moving parcels is not just USPS alone - i have had slow shipments from ups and fedex - it is what it is..... i wouldnt blame it on bad working practices, blame it on the sheer amount of volume from ecommerce.

people in this day and age are pretty darn impatient (no one specifically) if we can remember these are normal people working their butts off we should give them a little slack.
To think people used to mail a check in to order from a magazine and just wait

incredible world we live in

UPS and FedEx haven't had anywhere near the pervasive failures that USPS has had over the past 6 weeks. Nothing we've shipped or gotten in via UPS (and to a lesser extent FedEx) has been late and several were early. Dozens and dozens of packages. Of 6 packages sent and received via USPS, all priority, two arrived on time, and four were between 7 and 12 days late. Like others, they took nonsensical routes around the country - adding in some cases hundreds of unnecessary miles and lots of extra handoffs to the system.

But in private industry people are held accountable. When there are no consequences for poor performance, expect poor performance. It's not like anyone is going to be fired at USPS.

the only issues i've had with shipping ups and fedex recently that delayed things was the storm. I shipped a couple archery releases usps one to ohio and one to jersey the week before christmas. both shipped at the same time from outside portland, OR. one went up to Kent, WA and sat for 3 days and one went to Portland, OR hub. the one that went to Portland showed up in OH on the scheduled arrival date right after christmas. the one that went to Kent and sat, and then to seattle and sat arrived in NJ right before new years and sat until yesterday where it moved from jersey city hub to the next NJ hub even though the guy lives 20 minutes from the jersey city hub. It still isn't out for delivery

Waited a month on a triggertech trigger to arrive. It was scanned in Chicago on 12/7 and didn't make it to me until 12/30. I'm a 5 hour drive from Chicago.

Thought for sure some 215 hybrids were lost in the mail. No tracking update for 4 weeks. Magically showed up on my doorstep yesterday!

Any lost or really damaged stuff I've received, has been UPS. USPS is handling their stuff that's small and some deliveries on Sundays, around here. USPS has never been an issue for me....except being slow since the plandemic.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts